Cahill's red against Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot thickens with this. Clearly something outrageous was said apart from the ball boy business to provoke that reaction from Tim. Something bad enough for an immediate apology to be issued, which is rare. So it seems there are mitigating circumstances. Hope we appeal it if that's the case.

The plot thickens with this. Clearly something outrageous was said apart from the ball boy business to provoke that reaction from Tim. Something bad enough for an immediate apology to be issued, which is rare. So it seems there are mitigating circumstances. Hope we appeal it if that's the case.

Appeal wont do anything, Cahill still did an offence which deserved a red card. At best, they can just punish Cabaye - if the referee didnt know what was said or what happened fully etc

Appeal wont do anything, Cahill still did an offence which deserved a red card. At best, they can just punish Cabaye - if the referee didnt know what was said or what happened fully etc

He got a yellow mate, so I'm pretty sure he can't be punished by the FA any further.

Presumably he did, hence the booking.

Not necessarily. Could have booked Cabaye purely for helping to bring the game into disrepute. Or basically just for his persistant petulance. They usually issue a card to each player during a fracas like that (unless of course it involves Joey Barton).

I still think something extra might have happened that the ref didn't know about. Timmy won't dob him in, though.

Isn't that the same as 4 bookings or more?

And how come people keep getitng confused between Ben Arfa and Cabaye?
I made the same mistake at the match, i said to the guy next to me Ben Arfa's lost it there (when he abused the fans after the ball boy incident, but i was in the family enclosure on line with the incident) it was Cabaye.

If the French dude has said sorry, clearly it was called for, who knows what he said to him.

Don't care. Team > individual. Taking a red card when the game was over? I expect Cahill to know better no matter what was said by the giant tool. Get your revenge on the pitch next time you meet.

He got a yellow mate, so I'm pretty sure he can't be punished by the FA any further.
The ref can always add something in his match report which could trigger an investigation by the FA. Doubt it will happen though, we are little old Everton after all.

Anyone got a vid of Cabaye pushing the kid. I wanna know if it was just a little tap or a full on shove. I'd probably find the second one funnier tbh. Although of course that behaviour, pushing a kid, is just bang out of order. But I'd still lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back