Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnifico1988

Player Valuation: £950k
Whoever the new manager will be. They have got to look at changing the captain and dropping Seamus. Seamus as captain doesn’t work bad has for the last 6 managers, he’s not getting anything from the players he isn’t a leader and its becoming a bit of a problem. Leadership is absolutely non existent from him - a bit like his form.

Do not dare give Michael Keane the armband as he’s had it in Seamus absence, fairy of a centre back, no heart or effort gets bullied every single game.

Only a few to choose from imo but changes have got to made I’d take Pickford as captain, I know we have bigger problems, but we can’t have a captain (Seamus) and vice captain (Keane) putting in them performances and expecting others to put a shift in when they aren’t. Big big decisions to be made.

Seamus will still be club captain but hopefully the new man will start phasing him out and giving Patterson his run

As for on the pitch, give it to Richy, Dom or JP

Captain doesn’t need to be the best player, he needs to be one who ensures he gets listened to and leads by example. Has to have a strong character and be able to change things on the pitch tactically from the managers guidance.

Only one player currently in the squad for me who has that potential and that’s Ben Godfrey. I’d make Richarlison vice captain as he gives 100% and says what he sees.

Status
Not open for further replies.