Match Thread Carabao Cup: Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4.16am just walked in. Left here at 11.30am yesterday. Absolutely disgusting team selection by the manager, disgusting performance by the players. I don’t post often at all on this forum but Keane and Davies should never play for our club again.

Let me make some points

1. If the manager is going to change a full 11 - have the decency to be honest in the press conference and let the travelling fans no, so we can lower our expectations

2. If we don’t want to attempt to win this trophy, apply next season not to enter! We played a stronger team at Fleetwood and then threw the game tonight. Where is the sense in that for the fans

3. The team go to Australia next week and will play a stronger team in two meaningless friendlies than a national competition tonight
Read that again and let that sink in

4, Conor Coady cannot play on Boxing Day, meaning after Saturday he cannot play for us until NYE. Does he need a rest?

5. Coady and Tarks statistically have not missed a game for wolves and Burnley for years, they don’t get injured or suspended, so they need a rest?

6. We hardly have a player going to the World Cup. We have 6 weeks off, do these players need a rest ?

7. If we were playing a CL game tonight or had drawn say Liverpool would we have made 11 changes, no we wouldn’t so why did we tonight ?

8. On the basis we play 4-3-3 in the league why did we change formation tonight to 5-3-2. How is this meant to help the players coming in

Basically we got 11 strangers together, threw them on the pitch with a formation we don’t play and let them get wet. Sunday football league stuff this

Thanks very much Everton. Two days off work. £200 and 16 hours to get soaked and knocked out. It may mean nothing to you lot as club - but it does to some of us fans

27 years. Thanks very very much
Never nice travelling back from a midweek match after a defeat especially if you spent 200 quid!!, did you stay overnight?, listening to Frank's after match interview the changes were more to do with squad players asking for their chance to play more than resting players , they obviously, like Frank says, failed to live up to it. Are you making the trip again Saturday?

Woke up in cold sweats thinking I was going bald and that we lost 4-1 to Bournemouth ? Tell you what, Michael Keane would've have buried that. He's dead in defence just stick him up top. Seriously campaigning for this now. Can finish, should be decent in the air and closest we've got to playing Dom.

View attachment 190117
Don't forget that this is the same player when, drawing the game away against United and through one-on-one with the goalkeeper in the dying minutes, opted to pass the ball to a clumsy-footed centre half in an offside position instead of shooting. Braindead and a coward. Sooner he's punted from this football club the better.

Just wondering why it's impossible for finely tuned professional footballers to play 2 games , 3¹/² days apart .... I'd say something if we were playing twice a week every week.... and we have six weeks off after this .... the mind boggles
Or indeed kick a ball properly when they do play

Embarrassing.

Same happens again on Sat I think Frank will be toast.
I fully expect him in his press conference to look on the verge of tears. We've seen this before many times in recent years, managers whose goose is cooked and know they're gone either within a matter of days or weeks.

Don't forget that this is the same player when, drawing the game away against United and through one-on-one with the goalkeeper in the dying minutes, opted to pass the ball to a clumsy-footed centre half in an offside position instead of shooting. Braindead and a coward. Sooner he's punted from this football club the better.
**Shudders** how can I forget ?

just this last couple of hours I've seen the result (yes, a sad indictment on the status that Everton nowaday commands of my attention/care.) Poor , poor result...abject, parlous, pusillanimous and craven.

Everton that.

But I am still intending to buy an apartment near BMD. Because Everton is my team...like the nowaday (relatively) capriciously crappy All Blacks are my team...and the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.

NSNO

Kia Kaha

just this last couple of hours I've seen the result (yes, a sad indictment on the status that Everton nowaday commands of my attention/care.) Poor , poor result...abject, parlous, pusillanimous and craven.

Everton that.

But I am still intending to buy an apartment near BMD. Because Everton is my team...like the nowaday (relatively) capriciously crappy All Blacks are my team...and the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.

NSNO

Kia Kaha

The crappy All Blacks who won the Rugby Championship this year. I don't think you get to moan about them for a good while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.