Cardiff after Our Vic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
This is from the miror, but is reported on plenty other websites aswell.

Cardiff are after Everton striker Victor Anichebe

14/02/2008

Sport picturesCardiff are after Everton striker Victor Anichebe.

City boss Dave Jones wants to take him on loan for the rest of the season.

Anichebe (above) was on target for Everton last night in the UEFA Cup victory over Brann.

But David Moyes could let him join the Bluebirds - despite his scoring exploits in Europe and the problems caused by AWOL top scorer Yakubu.

What do you think??

Id rather he stayed, but to be honest i see him as the forth striker after Yak AJ JV.

Would like to see him playing 90 every week, would do him wonders. But if we get an injury to a striker we could be in trouble.

He's fantastic in the UEFA cup and is good backup for the premiership. I can't see him benefitting from a loan to cardiff.

My immediate thought is "never going to happen", but couldn't we just call him back to us at any point anyway if he's on loan? In which case it could be of benefit to the lad as a player.

I suppose if the loan was a month to month kind of deal then we could do that.

I don't know how much of a risk that would be really. I mean you'd have Yak, AJ, and Vaughan as your front line options.

If one got hurt in the middle of the month long loan, then you'd play the other two or just one of 'em in a 4-5-1 formation until you could recall him.

That brings me to a logical next question. Would you rather loan out Vaughan in that scenario vs. Anichebe? Or Anichebe over Vaughan?

victor allowed to go to lower league, when his play and goals have helped propel us to fourth and towards the last 16 in the uefa cup.

scant reward.

I could only see this as a month long deal, Ldeley being injured for that period. Now if in some way the signing of Ledley precontact agreement could be involved and the period is only one month...................................

Surely Moyes wouldn't loan out our European talisman!

Given that AJ picks up knocks pretty regularly and Vaughan's unfortunate past injury prone nature, the last thing this team needs is a shortage up front while going for the UEFA Cup and a Champion's League spot next season

Nah theres no chance of that Prawn.

By the way, do you agree with tempura batter?

I don't. I think it is a fizzy mess and prawns should never be in batter. Ask neiler or one of those antipodean types.

They go on a barby.

Surely Moyes wouldn't loan out our European talisman!

Given that AJ picks up knocks pretty regularly and Vaughan's unfortunate past injury prone nature, the last thing this team needs is a shortage up front while going for the UEFA Cup and a Champion's League spot next season

Well I'd certainly agree that the chance of any loan is remote at best.

And welcome to the board Prawn. You can never have too many Texans around. (y)

Nah theres no chance of that Prawn.

By the way, do you agree with tempura batter?

I don't. I think it is a fizzy mess and prawns should never be in batter. Ask neiler or one of those antipodean types.

They go on a barby.

tempura is good for the simple shrimp...the great mighty prawn should never be coated or battered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back