cardinal rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
the first lesson i learned about playing football, well before offside and tactical fouls was on the schoolyard, i got absolutley bollocked for playing the ball across my own goal, its stuck with me forever.

So what in hells name was hibbert doing? in a game where we just hoofed the ball upfield to the ineffective beattie why change the script?

its criminal.

Not only did he pass it across goal, he hit with absolutely no power what so ever- if I did that on a sunday morning I would get completely bollocked let alone if I was getting paid £15k a week to do it professionally.

I actually think the worst mistake Hibbert made was when the ball came to Rooney after he gave it away- he flew in for a slide tackle and completely missed- he needed to stand him up and not make it easy for him. It was really pathetic, I rate Hibbert but mistakes like that cannot be tolerated.

In my opinion Neville should be a right back starter with a team as follows:

---------------Howard-------------
Neville----Yobo----Lescott----Valente
Arteta-------Cahill-----Fernandes--NEWBIE
----------Vaughan-----AJ-------------

That to me looks a solid side

yeah. i agree...

but valente? we have 3 left backs and i'm not too sure about any of them. the whole left side need a look, neville at right back sounds good to me. '

we also need another quality striker. so...

center forward
left midfield
left back

i think these are the priority positions.

yeah. i agree...

but valente? we have 3 left backs and i'm not too sure about any of them. the whole left side need a look, neville at right back sounds good to me. '

we also need another quality striker. so...

center forward
left midfield
left back

i think these are the priority positions.

After seeing Vaughan again yesterday Im not sure about the need for a centre forward. With AJ, Vaughan and Vic we have a nice trio there. We need to replace Beattie with someone but I dont know about sheeling out 5m+ on someone?!

Gareth Barry would be a welcome addition.

Hibbert had his worst game for a while yesterday, but I don't think he had much protection from midfield. Time after time in the first half they went down his flank. Sad to say but Rooney had him in his pocket all game. With 5 teams in with a great chance of the UEFA now we really need a result against Pompey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back