Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing, JR had no other relevant clubs that would give him the same salary, and no top clubs were interested. Ancelotti wanted to buy JR in Naples as well, but the owner saw it as a bad investment. Allan's curve was downward in Naples, and here too no one could match us. The Naples owner wanted to get rid of the expense, and be left with some profit before the value was gone. So what Ancelotti can attract are usually players who are on a downward curve, and where other clubs can not match the salary we give.

The best players will usually play for the best clubs, regardless of coaches, and the greatest talents will usually go to clubs where they know they are being prioritized.
James has been easily one of better players, the problem is the rest of the team, watch his highlights, get the ball 25-30 yards out and makes thing happen, watch him 2nd half of the season, having to pick the ball up 50-60 yards out and then has no movement up front other then Digne, nothing on the right. The squad a complete mess

What if you’ve accumulated a team of overhyped bums who have no desire to be successful in their careers, have no willingness to go the extra mile and put in a proper days shift and see us as just a big pay day?

Sheffield United started a young kid up front last week, first game at this level. He scored, caused us problems and put a huge effort in.

If Carlo really believes this, I’m sure he has encountered his share of primadonnas to know one when he sees one, then he doesn’t have to play any of them. He could drop them, shake them up. Many on here may even have welcomed such an approach at times this season.

He hasn’t. He’s kept roughly the same team, irrespective of performance. Thinking of the stories of his time at Bayern, maybe he needs to demand more from the players and himself.

It is not the position itself that is most frustrating, but the way we do it. Had we only seen some progression in the way we play football, invested in some players in the right age group with great potential, it would have been ok. Instead, we have played some of the worst football I have seen since the late 90's, and it happens every week, and have invested in players like AD, JR and Allan. All this for a completely mediocre position.
We where worse under fat Sam, Koeman start to the season was woeful football as well

Possibly controversial, but we need a young manager, hungry, who knows how to win and get the best out of his players. Would anyone else consider Steven Gerrard now that Klopp looks set to stay at the RS?

Young, won in Scotland and has given Rangers an identity that Carlo has failed to do with us.

All the shouts on here to 'get Gerrard in lad'. Hardly worked last time we took a Rangers manager. Or for them for that matter (Souness). Leave them to make that mistake when Klopp buggers off.

Nobody who is vaguely sentient signs Carlo Ancelotti to "coach" abject mediocrities into the Champions League. It's like asking Alain Prost to win the Monaco Grand Prix in a Morris Minor.

If the club doesn't get rid of the dross - by hook or by crook - this summer and furnish this man with the tools he needs to do the job at the level he operates, then we'd have been better off going for somebody like Pochettino: a man who can coach mediocre players into the Champions League and win absolutely nothing no matter how much money you give him.

I keep hearing this argument, as if he cannot be judged unless he has a squad comparable to those at Bayern, Chelsea and Milan.

Ok, beaten by Sheffield United, Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley at home.

Liverpool can do what they want, but Klopp has won trophies over there and we cant compare that with Ancelotti here.

I'm not 100% saying I want Ancelotti out, btw. I just dont see a route to better days with a coach like him in a job like this.
If we signed a few better players, a midfield who can run instead of Sigi/Gomes. If we signed Zaha we would of finished top 4. We where not far away just lacked a bit of quality

DCL x20
Richy x12
James x5
Sigi
Dacoure x1
Keane
Mina
Bernard x1
Holgate x1

Anyone else score?
the lack of goals from the rest of the team is has been a major problem

James has been easily one of better players, the problem is the rest of the team, watch his highlights, get the ball 25-30 yards out and makes thing happen, watch him 2nd half of the season, having to pick the ball up 50-60 yards out and then has no movement up front other then Digne, nothing on the right. The squad a complete mess
I have already had a long discussion about JR in his thread, and where I have explained why this is not strategically wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back