Cash from the Rooney deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Everton will receive a guaranteed £23m provided Wayne Rooney remains a United player until 30 June 2007.

Everton could earn an extra £7m over and above the basic £20m transfer fee.

The Toffees will receive cash depending on United's success and Rooney's international appearances over the next five years.

How the deal breaks down:

£1m if United win the Champions League

£500,000 if United are runners-up in the Champions League

£500,000 if United win the Premiership

£250,000 if United finish second in the Premiership

£150,000 if United win the FA Cup

£500,000 if Rooney earns 20 England caps in competitive games while a United player

£500,000 if Rooney plays a further 20 times for England in competitive games while a United player

Even if none of those things happen in the next years the Toffees will receive at least an extra £3m, paid in £1m instalments on 1 August 2006 and the same date in 2007 and 2008.

Everton have also negotiated a 25% 'sell-on' agreement, under which they would receive a quarter of any excess sum over all amounts paid in this agreement.

So depending on how united do this year we could be lookin at anything form 1-3 million, perhaps this has been incorporated into the howard deal.

Everton will receive a guaranteed £23m provided Wayne Rooney remains a United player until 30 June 2007.

Everton could earn an extra £7m over and above the basic £20m transfer fee.

The Toffees will receive cash depending on United's success and Rooney's international appearances over the next five years.

How the deal breaks down:

£1m if United win the Champions League

£500,000 if United are runners-up in the Champions League

£500,000 if United win the Premiership

£250,000 if United finish second in the Premiership

£150,000 if United win the FA Cup

£500,000 if Rooney earns 20 England caps in competitive games while a United player

£500,000 if Rooney plays a further 20 times for England in competitive games while a United player

Even if none of those things happen in the next years the Toffees will receive at least an extra £3m, paid in £1m instalments on 1 August 2006 and the same date in 2007 and 2008.

Everton have also negotiated a 25% 'sell-on' agreement, under which they would receive a quarter of any excess sum over all amounts paid in this agreement.

So depending on how united do this year we could be lookin at anything form 1-3 million, perhaps this has been incorporated into the howard deal.

great stuff.

still feel we should have got 35 million upfront for the lad.

It would be intresting to know also have these clauses seen us get the likes of Phil Neville also? could they be used to pick up other United players? I wouldnt mind Kieran Richardson or Jonny Evans currently on loan at Sunderland.

Although it was never revealled, it is understood that the add ons did account for the Nevile fee, this would only come to light at a time that add on's become payable. IMO friend Rooney would not fetch £23 mil based on present market valuations and form, I think we got a very good deal for someone who's head is bigger than Birkenhead and has talent that remains undeveloped as he plays in the shadow of Ronaldo.

Although it was never revealled, it is understood that the add ons did account for the Nevile fee, this would only come to light at a time that add on's become payable. IMO friend Rooney would not fetch £23 mil based on present market valuations and form, I think we got a very good deal for someone who's head is bigger than Birkenhead and has talent that remains undeveloped as he plays in the shadow of Ronaldo.

Was thinking somthing similar myself recently Monty. But call it what you will, the boys got that something that makes him special. Personally i still think he will be one of the best players in the world. Dont get me wrong i think he has played really poorly for for a fair bit now, but some of the things i saw him do with us were unbeleivable and you just knew we had something very precious on your hands.

Dont get me wrong the lads a toerag, which i think hurts more because he pissed on his own and were he came form, and i for one will never forgive him. But on purely football reasons i think he will be one of the best.

I likein his form now to Ronaldo who was largely gash up untill this season, eventually his talent, experience, and skill will fall in to place and i beleive he will be awsome. Still hate the f***er though and i wouldnt give his Mrs one either!

Last edited:

i dont reckon we coughed up the full 3.5 mill for neville. i suspect certain clauses were included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back