2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was okay tonight, very unlucky not to score. His movement is good, work rate solid, but probably not good enough for us at this point.

Didn’t see much effort tbh. Missed only chance he had. Only seen it once but thought it was a sitter too.
Missed is harsh. Gets as good contact as can be expected. Keeper makes a point blank through good positioning rather than reflex. The more important point is that his already low confidence will be further shot by not getting "lucky" in that situation.

Why does he run away from long balls as if the centre half is just going to leave the ball.
He looks slow and unfit I think he will go in January

SELL

Really don't think its happening for him, I do think he is better then we have seen but Everton just doesn't seem the right squad for him, no problems with him but a move might be the best all around

Was glad he got a chance last night and that quickly ended. He was anonymous. Rarely shows for the ball, when he does he doesn't hold it up, always a yard or two behind the defender when chasing the ball down and when a long ball goes to him he gets bullied from his position too easily. Another expensive mistake.

We've played the same front 4 for what 8-9 games?

A really dynamic front 4, even Siggy is getting around causing loads of problems. Then Tosun who has the turning circle of an oil tanker comes and the touch of Lukaku comes in which everyone sort of knew was the case with him. I'd have honestly preferred DCL or Niasse starting as they're more mobile than Tosun.

But all of them are bad.

It's ridiculous really to have spent so much money and end up with worse strikers than Watford, Bournemouth and West Ham. It has to be a priority to get someone in asap. We also need to sell Tosun and Niasse to raise a few Bob. Only trouble is who will buy Tosun? I can see him ending up on a 2 year loan in Turkey with us paying half of his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.