2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the best feedback on his performance came from the home fans booing him every time he got near the ball. He certainly seemed to be putting himself about a bit and I dare say even more going on off the ball that TV cameras didn't pick up.

Think he'll be off to Palace tomorrow myself. I hope so anyway.
It looks likely we don't get a striker this window why would you want him out now?

Hes out best option, and even if you think he isn't the sqaud isnt big enough if we get injuries to richarlerson or dom we'd have no options.

It looks likely we don't get a striker this window why would you want him out now?

Hes out best option, and even if you think he isn't the sqaud isnt big enough if we get injuries to richarlerson or dom we'd have no options.

Sadly I think our best striker is that carthorse Niasse. Astleast he scores goals and makes a nuisance of himself. Tosuns a snail and DCL is allergic of the goal.

A far better option from the start than Calvert Lewin at the moment. Whether he has the pace or ability to make an impact in this Everton side remains to be seen but I would give him a run of games.

We need to find a way to create chances for him through our other attacking players. Bernard, Richarlison, Sigurdsson...

Dixie Dean's statue is a better option than Lewin.

Indeed. Things started going badly wrong when we moved away from that Richarlison - Tosun - Walcott front line with Siggy behind them. I know we struggled to put away chances with that line-up but at least we were making some.

I remeber being pleased at the start of the season from an attacking crow point and it was the zonal marking , red cards and conceding goals that were the areas that needed improving. Like you said we were scoring and creating chances and although Tuson didn’t score many our team play was better and that was without gomes.

Did anyone think the pressing side of the Huddersfield game was a bit mad.

Davies was so high up pressing with tosun out of camera view at times and gylfi staying deep at times but would press 'harder' at certain times when Huddersfield were shakier or backtracking with the ball. Gylfi and tosuns lack of pace/mobility doesn't suit the system but what is the system in the first place?

A pressing front three, the tight 442 defensive shift (away v Chelsea eg) and then this weird one granted the red card change everything so it's hard to work out what the game plan was anyway.

I think the lack of tosuns playing time is down to the fact that having gylfi and tosun in the a Marco type line up does not work tactically. I would like more empathis on team pressing together so we can fit tosun in the side. I don't see the point in buying a faster striker when the team cant do pressing properly as a TEAM like the first games of the season.

Really hope tosun gets his chance I think he makes a great squad player next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back