Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope your right but.. you play to have what you got
If we can play direct, physical, it will cause a lot of teams problems, and means we dont have to play through the middle, which means not having to play through Gueye. Its win win.

If Dyche has us fitter than other teams, its a way of competing.

Nobody wants Maupay, that’s the issue. Dubious links to Salernitana from 7 weeks ago don’t count.
I haven't heard links but I would expect teams to still want him depending on his salary which I don't know about but certainly championship teams and teams from lesser leagues I would expect to be interested at least on loan.

He'd be 3rd choice and Dom is unreliable so could be 2nd choice.
I don't know I don't think Sean Dyche rates him at all he was playing Simms and Gray ahead of him at times last year it depends if we get people in but if we get Adams and Gnonto for example I think he'd be well down the pecking order behind Dom Adams and Danjuma at least and maybe behind Chermiti and even Gnonto.

I am willing to give the lad a chance but can't help but feel underwhelmed by the whole thing. There was just a sense of inevitability all along , that this is where we would end up.
This has got Bill's grubby little mits all over it i.e. "premier league experience".
Let's hope that he surprises us , and succeeds.

as i said and only my opinion but he is better than nobody and going to deadline day without a striker. if he signs then we support him ? unless i am missing something !
Yeah, I’d back him if he pulls on the shirt but I’m still writing a strongly worded letter of complaint to the management as to why he’s the sum total of three transfer windows of work 😂

I think that's too pessimistic. Status and history aside, we're still a premier league club and that has a pull , why would any player sign for any team that is going to be ina relegation battle by your logic?
Players will use clubs as steps in their careers. More so younger players.

Players such as Solanke and Ings didn't feature much for Liverpool, but just by being coached by Klopp in a style of football others try to copy, they were sold on for silly money.

Never underestimate the trends in football. A few years ago midfield became all about running and pace. So many matches were two midfields trying to outrun each-other. Which resulted in certain players becoming out of fashion. Gomes and Davies prime examples for Everton.

Pep have for several seasons played around with defenders in midfield. Arteta had success with at Arsenal. Klopp, who previously gave Southgate a hard time for playing Trent in midfield, started copying last season. Ancelotti did the same with Real Madrid. Pochettino have done it a lot in preseason. Bayern Munich does it. Same with Brighton. The new Spurs manager did it their opening match. Teams have had success with it in women's world cup this summer.

Meaning that more and more teams have a 3-2-2-3 formation in possession. Outnumbering teams such as Everton 4 v 2 on the midfield. Forcing Everton's strikers to defend 20-30 meter deeper.

This has created new markets for new player types. Everyone are looking for ball playing robust defenders that can play through press and play with a high line. If they can tackle, intercept and head a ball, that is just bonus.

Clubs have been crazy this summer for the new bread of defensive midfielders. As the role and the game develops, clubs want different skill sets. And clubs are willing to pay silly money for the right type of player.

It is also interesting that the less physical and mobile midfielders are back in fashion. With an extra player centrally, you don't need to run non-stop and have pace. Midfielders previously thought to be too light weight and slow to play on the midfield in PL did great last season. Odegaard and Zinchenko are prime examples. This summer Arsenal have paid 65M for Havertz. A player that was a midfielder for Leverkusen, failed as a midfielder in England, but now is expected to play an important role in the midfield for a title chasing Arsenal team.

England U21 became European champions this summer playing with three defenders and seven offensive minded midfielders. Done correctly it is so effective.

Meanwhile you have Everton playing 4-4-1-1. Defending with a deep block. Not trying to play out from the back. Happy to have 30% possession. Playing more long balls than any successful football team. With defenders that don't defend as modern defenders. Strikers that don't press as strikers need to do in 2023.

When Manchester City players are asked what they do in training, they will tell you at most of the time is spent on two things. Playing out from the back starting with a goal kick. And trying to win back the ball in the offensive third after losing it. They do this for hours every week and teams all over the world are copying them. I'd be surprised if Everton spend time at it at all.

Dyche might be a hard man, ask a lot from the players and require intensity, but he does it in another way than most other teams. When City lose the ball, they sprint towards it and swarm it. Make sure that they either win it back or make a free kick. When Everton lose the ball, they sprint away from the ball. Back to their positions. Back to the low block.

If Everton can't start to add value to the player squad through coaching, it is a matter of time before they get relegated. The club has to develop players. Players that are attractive for other clubs. When Everton does that better, they will attract another level of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back