Classic video of Everton fans & team travelling to Wembley in 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.

i saw that flag!! i also saw something about giving elton john the blues which was quite funny.
I still have it mate! Generations of famille Allezlesbleus at Wembley. Might bring it this time too. I am too old for it really but hope to get a mate in who is coming a long way and will be making his debut!

Mentioned this on a previous thread - think we should sing We're on the march with Howards Army next week - doesn't really fit with Bobby's army this year does it? Be very apt in the year of his death and possible final v Watford the day before his birthday.Sounds great on the vd at the end, give us oldies some happy memories and that belief we had back then!

Amazing 'social history' in that video too:

- You could actually get a train to AND from Wembley on the same day in those days 32 years ago. How we've progressed since then (or not)!
- St John & Moore talking about how a lot of the EFC fans didn't have jobs to go home to, and how we'd all cashed our giros to get down to Wembley.
- Greavsie talking about how this was the good side to the game and not rampant hooliganism.
- You can see the old side entrance to Lime Street at the start of that video too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back