Clattenburg and Refs in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

a whole wheel of cheese?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7239517.stm

I saw this tackle and it was never a straight red card. Clattenburg was very well placed to see it and went straight for the red with no hesitation.

Now West Ham have had their appeal upheld by the FA, Bowyers card has been rescinded. Just goes to show the absolutely shoddy job this man does and what his bosses think of him and his performance.

I wonder what influence his "enforced time off" post merseyside derby game had on this review by the FA.

When will the FA just admit that the man is not 'having more off days than most' but is just bloody useless, and a red to boot.

I've heard and read ex-footballers recently saying they think the FA should induct new refs from the pool of players that 'never made it' or were injured out of the game. That way certain incidents which are never fouls, just part of the game, will be judged as such by a ref who knows the game inside out.

What a cracking idea that is. Why isn't this standard practise!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7239517.stm

I saw this tackle and it was never a straight red card. Clattenburg was very well placed to see it and went straight for the red with no hesitation.

Now West Ham have had their appeal upheld by the FA, Bowyers card has been rescinded. Just goes to show the absolutely shoddy job this man does and what his bosses think of him and his performance.

I wonder what influence his "enforced time off" post merseyside derby game had on this review by the FA.

When will the FA just admit that the man is not 'having more off days than most' but is just bloody useless, and a red to boot.

I've heard and read ex-footballers recently saying they think the FA should induct new refs from the pool of players that 'never made it' or were injured out of the game. That way certain incidents which are never fouls, just part of the game, will be judged as such by a ref who knows the game inside out.

What a cracking idea that is. Why isn't this standard practise!

In truth Ich being a ref these days is a quite lucrative career for any one. The biggest problems lie at the grass roots, local parks that type of match, no one will do the job for fear of having their heads kick in.....that is sad.

It is something I have always believed in, like cricket umpires, refs should be former players and clubs should have an option in the weeks before a game as to who refs a match. No one here would want Clattwat to be involved in a match involving us at any future date but there is nothing to stop him.

He was probably only sent off because of his past record as a horrid toe rag.

Clattwat, 'oh it is he the dirtiest player in the league and a horrid little toe rag, I must send him off', three days later 'oh well it wasn't that bad was it' yet again another match influenced by the most incompetent ref in the league who should be sent back to the lower leagues

Tbh im not suprised most of the refs are pretty poor. It must rate about as highly as Parking Ticket Officer in enticing career opportunities!

If we really want better refs we need to treat them with more respect on the pitch, and of it. That's the only way we will get any better refs thru. You can't polish a turd, and atm that is largely all we have in the pool of people willing to be referees, due to the constant abuse they get.

Also there's too many Mini-Hitlers, and i fear that the worst people for this are frustrated wannabe/ex players :(

Status
Not open for further replies.