CLUB TRIP TO BERN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a cheap trip however you do it, thought we has cracked it with flights for about £105 - then the trains popped up and ripped me off. Not booked them yet going to wait til the new year now.

Donalmclean,
Very easily, firstly you have been misinformed, secondly its £409 including overnight stay in a hotel including breakfast, take a look at the cost of hotels in Bern and you will see.

Looking forward to this one. As usual like Krasnodar im setting off on Tuesday to make it cheaper.

Tuesday train to london
One night near paddington
Heathrow express train to airport

heathrow to basel

1night in basel

basel to bern

1night in bern on match day

Train back friday to basel

basel to london

london train back

so 6 trains 2 planes 3 hotels all for just under £350!

More of an adventure than the shitty official which i have done in the past..

Problem with Ryanair is there are no guaranteed connections, if one of you flights is delayed and you miss the other then you are into buying a new ticket at top dollar ! Hope you have at least three hours between connecting Ryanair flights, that time of the year is peak for bad weather delays !
We are flying Easy Jet Liverpool to Amsterdam Wednesday morning,around £105,Ibis Wed night £35,Amsterdam to Basle Easy Jet Thursday morning£50,train from Basle to Bern,don't know the price yet and hotel in centre of Berne £54.So trip costing £244 without train tickets

Train tickets in Switzerland are available here - http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-an.../supersaver-tickets.html?WT.ac=Sb3-home-k1-en

We're staying in Basel and I've been recommended to buy supersaver train tickets from Basel to Berne - cost is around 24 CHF each way (about £15) - but can only be bought 30 days in advance - trains are pretty frequent (about every 30 minutes between 8:00 and 22:00) - last one back to Basel is 23:34. Journey time is about an hour.

I'm a Southern blue and found I can fly out for £30 then a £40 train journey. Hotel is £116 for twin room near the station. Then a return train for £40 and return flight for £60. So only £228.00, now I only need a sodding ticket!

Train tickets in Switzerland are available here - http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-an.../supersaver-tickets.html?WT.ac=Sb3-home-k1-en

We're staying in Basel and I've been recommended to buy supersaver train tickets from Basel to Berne - cost is around 24 CHF each way (about £15) - but can only be bought 30 days in advance - trains are pretty frequent (about every 30 minutes between 8:00 and 22:00) - last one back to Basel is 23:34. Journey time is about an hour.

Do you know how many of those supersaver tickets are available? On the website for a normal ticket, they automatically seem to include some sort of half priced discount for locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back