Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair he didnt mind giving Neville a bollocking when he broke through
He's always been a bit narky I reckon. I remember seeing Cahill shrugging him off when celebrating a goal in one of his earlier starts and someone else (Distin?) ran in to pull Seamus away pretty quick as he was starting to fire up.

Apparently the game the irish play with sticks, hurling, is a brutal game and Seamus was top drawer.

Not much hurling in Donegal mate !! lol

He was, however an accomplished enough Gaelic Football player although he never got to county level because of his soccer career. In an interview with the Guardian he said that as a youngster "Gaelic was always my number 1."

Anyone ever see this btw:

Presenting Seamus Coleman’s Premier League Gaelic Football XV
by @conorheneghan1 Email author

Perhaps inspired by Jonny Wilkinson’s film-star rugby XV from a while back, Seamus Coleman has selected a Premier League Gaelic Football XV. And only four Irishmen made the cut.

Coleman’s first sporting love was very much on the Everton speedster’s mind this afternoon, as his Twitter timeline was dominated by GAA related tweets.

He started off by congratulating the Donegal Vocational Schools team on their win in the Ulster Final, then laughed at claims from Shane Duffy that he was a better Gaelic Footballer than him and even suggested that Phil Neville would have what it takes to make the grade.

Soon after, Coleman decided to channel his inner Jimmy McGuinness and picked an entire Gaelic Football team made up of Premier League players, although we hope for their sake that there would be more than one man detailed to play beyond the halfway line.

Coleman modestly selected himself at the heart of the defence, with fellow Donegal native Shay Given in goals and Damien Duff as a nippy right-half forward. Coleman’s selection had a strong Everton bias with Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines, Coleman himself and Jack Rodwell all selected, while there was plenty of pace provided by Shane Long, Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott in the forward line, with Wayne Rooney assuming playmaking duties on the ’40.

While Coleman didn’t go into nearly as much detail as Wilkinson did when selecting his rugby XV, he did offer some insight into his selection, saying that Leighton Baines and Wayne Rooney would be the free-takers and even making the quite ridiculous suggestion that Joey Barton would be capable of doing a man-marking job on the Gooch.

It didn’t take long for Coleman to question his team selection, however, and he was soon regretting not picking man mountain Richard Dunne at half back (seriously Seamie?) or midfield.

In any case, Coleman reckoned that with a few months training under their belts, that this lot would have what it takes to win an All-Ireland title. Would you be inclined to agree?

Seamus Coleman’s Premier League Gaelic Football XV:

1. Shay Given

2. Joey Barton

3. Phil Jagielka

4. Leighton Baines

5. Kyle Walker

6. Seamus Coleman

7. Scott Parker

8. Jack Rodwell

9. Phil Jones

10. Damien Duff

11. Wayne Rooney

12. Shane Long

13. Gareth Bale

14. Bobby Zamora

15. Theo Walcott

Not much hurling in Donegal mate !! lol

He was, however an accomplished enough Gaelic Football player although he never got to county level because of his soccer career. In an interview with the Guardian he said that as a youngster "Gaelic was always my number 1."

Anyone ever see this btw:

Presenting Seamus Coleman’s Premier League Gaelic Football XV
by @conorheneghan1 Email author

Perhaps inspired by Jonny Wilkinson’s film-star rugby XV from a while back, Seamus Coleman has selected a Premier League Gaelic Football XV. And only four Irishmen made the cut.

Coleman’s first sporting love was very much on the Everton speedster’s mind this afternoon, as his Twitter timeline was dominated by GAA related tweets.

He started off by congratulating the Donegal Vocational Schools team on their win in the Ulster Final, then laughed at claims from Shane Duffy that he was a better Gaelic Footballer than him and even suggested that Phil Neville would have what it takes to make the grade.

Soon after, Coleman decided to channel his inner Jimmy McGuinness and picked an entire Gaelic Football team made up of Premier League players, although we hope for their sake that there would be more than one man detailed to play beyond the halfway line.

Coleman modestly selected himself at the heart of the defence, with fellow Donegal native Shay Given in goals and Damien Duff as a nippy right-half forward. Coleman’s selection had a strong Everton bias with Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines, Coleman himself and Jack Rodwell all selected, while there was plenty of pace provided by Shane Long, Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott in the forward line, with Wayne Rooney assuming playmaking duties on the ’40.

While Coleman didn’t go into nearly as much detail as Wilkinson did when selecting his rugby XV, he did offer some insight into his selection, saying that Leighton Baines and Wayne Rooney would be the free-takers and even making the quite ridiculous suggestion that Joey Barton would be capable of doing a man-marking job on the Gooch.

It didn’t take long for Coleman to question his team selection, however, and he was soon regretting not picking man mountain Richard Dunne at half back (seriously Seamie?) or midfield.

In any case, Coleman reckoned that with a few months training under their belts, that this lot would have what it takes to win an All-Ireland title. Would you be inclined to agree?

Seamus Coleman’s Premier League Gaelic Football XV:

1. Shay Given

2. Joey Barton

3. Phil Jagielka
4. Leighton Baines

5. Kyle Walker

6. Seamus Coleman

7. Scott Parker
8. Jack Rodwell
9. Phil Jones
10. Damien Duff

11. Wayne Rooney
12. Shane Long

13. Gareth Bale

14. Bobby Zamora
15. Theo Walcott

wat? how can he know if any of these are any good at gaelic football??

I was outside work today on Fenwick St in the city centre, when a black Range Rover pulled up and out steps Seamus. I was pleased to see him but was gutted I'd left my phone up on the 3rd floor.
He seems a really nice guy. A car stopped with two lads in. One of the lads got an autograph, and then they got out to have their pics taken. The first lad got his pic took and then the second lad tried to make a gesture behind his head, but seamie was right on it. At this point, the lad who had already had his pic took revealed that his mate was a kopite, and Seamus jibbed him for the pic. QUALITY!

My mate said to him "alright Seamus, thought you were with Ireland" to which he replied, "got back this morning."

I just stood there in awe of the hunky Irish 'bar-steward.'

Oh, and he never bought a parking ticket, but his rangey weren't there very long.

That shower of ****e will have the Sewer Rat making a bee-line for Seamus. Needs to be aware of that in the Derby and stop lunging in/across forwards. That vermin will go down with no help as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.