Come on Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col MCFC

Player Valuation: £50k
Hello

You may remember me from back in January when I came on to talk about Jo. I haven't seen all that much of you recently so how is he doing? He's scored a few but that may deceive...

Had a cracking time last weekend, can't believe we actually won an away match but the friendliness of all the Everton fans and stewards was something else, certainly a better experience than when I've visited your red neighbours.

Anyway, I'm here on behalf of Manchester City football club to beg you to do your best in the next three games. All three are against the sides we're fighting against for 7th place. Fulham, West ham and Spurs.

Good luck in the cup too, how great it'd be for two non 'big four' sides to win it in two consecutive years.

Col

Didnt like him at first, but i do now...has some skill - which we have seen in the past few matches, a decent finish, still has some adjusting to do in the League, but as he's young he should be great in a few years.

I'd like to sign him in the summer, but i doubt we will meet the price.

It was tactical genius by Hughes to give Everton Jo on loan. He has hired Jo to score against Fulham, West Ham and Tottenham for him.

Hello

You may remember me from back in January when I came on to talk about Jo. I haven't seen all that much of you recently so how is he doing? He's scored a few but that may deceive...

Had a cracking time last weekend, can't believe we actually won an away match but the friendliness of all the Everton fans and stewards was something else, certainly a better experience than when I've visited your red neighbours.

Anyway, I'm here on behalf of Manchester City football club to beg you to do your best in the next three games. All three are against the sides we're fighting against for 7th place. Fulham, West ham and Spurs.

Good luck in the cup too, how great it'd be for two non 'big four' sides to win it in two consecutive years.

Col

Glad you enjoyed your day out at Goodison mate, you were value for your win, we just wern't at it. Glad you found it a friendly day out, away fans are always welcome in our pubs and always enjoy chattin to them, so pleased you have commented well on us in that respect.

Have to say though, the welcome is not extended whenever i have visited Eastlands. We have had some good results at your place and your fans get the hump really easily, but saying that still one of my favourite away days. (y)

As for Jo, i'm convinced he will be a cracking striker in a few years, but i think he has a lot to learn. He doesn't work hard enough for me for the ability he has. Cracking finish on the lad, he knows were the net is, has a great footballing brain and very skillful. If i was Mark Hughes i'd want to hold on to him.

You paid 18+ mil for him, from what ive seen hes worth about 3mil tops. So one footed it is untrue. You'd think for that price he could do more than stand on his right foot. Cant head a ball either...Cant hold the ball up, gives it away too often. Apart from that, he's ok.

Glad you enjoyed your day out at Goodison mate, you were value for your win, we just wern't at it. Glad you found it a friendly day out, away fans are always welcome in our pubs and always enjoy chattin to them, so pleased you have commented well on us in that respect.

Have to say though, the welcome is not extended whenever i have visited Eastlands. We have had some good results at your place and your fans get the hump really easily, but saying that still one of my favourite away days. (y)

As for Jo, i'm convinced he will be a cracking striker in a few years, but i think he has a lot to learn. He doesn't work hard enough for me for the ability he has. Cracking finish on the lad, he knows were the net is, has a great footballing brain and very skillful. If i was Mark Hughes i'd want to hold on to him.

Sorry to hear that mate but city fans can turn into monsters when football comes into play. I've been given a few smacks over the years by fellow blues usually because they get pissed up, look for a fight with the opposition and if they don't get it, just go after their own. How pathetic is that?

Your assessment of Jo is pretty much the same as mine, he showed glimpses of pure class in his six months with us but he was astoundingly lazy at times and that was his downfall. I assume he'll come back to us and hopefully can be worked into a better all round player. Look at Caicedo, bought in, looked like Sunday league at best but after 18 months or so in England he's been worked on and this season has 8 in 11. At the end of the day Jo's come from playing in Brazil and Russia to here, it's a completely different animal and will take time.

Always had murder everytime I went to Maine Road, didnt go looking for it and mainly had incident free Aways, but Maine Road had a few rucks over the years.

Also would be lovely if they didnt make Europe, because surely that would give them less of an appeal for signing new players, then they would have to rely on their name alone, Craig Bellamy anybody?

Or maybe they will just throw moneys at players, surely that wouldnt work?

Oh and you can have Jo back, hes gash. (Hatrick today).

Im with Goat on Jo . Hes cack , end of . Heart the size of a walnut . Not good enough to be Everton's No.9 . One thing though lad , the City fans last week with the , " just a team full of Munichs ", thing . If wedve sang that , or our crimson cousins , for that matter , itdve been all over the media . Sack that shabs . Its beneath yous .
Oh , and I had murder with some Citizen last week on TalkSport , whom agued that you were a bigger club than us ??
I realise that you are pro-Everton as it were , but you , ( in the Royal , You , sense ) cannot be fukn serious ??? Three Stars On Your Badge ....???
9 times Champs , the last two only a generaton ago . 5 FA Cups , last in 95 , the most consistent none Big Four Side in past decade , without , incidentally , penny one .
As I said , this werent aimed at you personally , but I swear me blood was boiling , especially from a side who , after Howards quote , I thought would know-the-score .

Nice to have you back lad .

Last edited:
Im with Goat on Jo . Hes cack , end of . Heart the size of a walnut . Not good enough to be Everton's No.9 . One thing though lad , the City fans last week with the , " just a team full of Munichs ", thing . If wedve sang that , or our crimson cousins , for that matter , itdve been all over the media . Sack that shabs . Its beneath yous .
Oh , and I had murder with some Citizen last week on TalkSport , whom agued that you were a bigger club than us ??
I realise that you are pro-Everton as it were , but you , ( in the Royal , You , sense ) cannot be fukn serious ??? Three Stars On Your Badge ....???
9 times Champs , the last two only a generaton ago . 5 FA Cups , last in 95 , the most consistent none Big Four Side in past decade , without , incidentally , penny one .
As I said , this werent aimed at you personally , but I swear me blood was boiling , especially from a side who , after Howards quote , I thought would know-the-score .

Nice to have you back lad .

Alright mate.

First off, the Munich chanting- it's something that's been done as long as I've supported City and will go on probably forever. There are a vocal minority of people who just have no limit. I was in the upper tier last Saturday where a lot of the chants were originating and tried to have words with one bloke in particular (the same **** who kept getting everyone to sing 'we are the people, we are the people'- not sure if you heard that) but shut up before I got a smack. It's the darker side of football and should be kept well away from but like I say, there'll always be people willing to carry on.

Secondly, whoever that was on the radio was a moron. The stats don't lie, Everton 9 titles, City 5 titles, Everton 5 FA Cups, City 4 FA Cups. Don't get me wrong, I do think we're a big club and I'm sure you agree but to claim we're bigger/more successful is baffling really.

I'd like to think we have a lot in common though- great success but not very recently, loyal and vocal fanbase, share a city with a club full of foreign daytripper fans. On the other hand you've learned the art of stability whereas we've been sacking for fun for too long. Maybe that'll change though?

And hey, imagine how the season might have gone with the yak available throughout and indeed Arteta for the run in- top four contenders I'd say

Alright mate.

First off, the Munich chanting- it's something that's been done as long as I've supported City and will go on probably forever. There are a vocal minority of people who just have no limit. I was in the upper tier last Saturday where a lot of the chants were originating and tried to have words with one bloke in particular (the same **** who kept getting everyone to sing 'we are the people, we are the people'- not sure if you heard that) but shut up before I got a smack. It's the darker side of football and should be kept well away from but like I say, there'll always be people willing to carry on.

Secondly, whoever that was on the radio was a moron. The stats don't lie, Everton 9 titles, City 5 titles, Everton 5 FA Cups, City 4 FA Cups. Don't get me wrong, I do think we're a big club and I'm sure you agree but to claim we're bigger/more successful is baffling really.

I'd like to think we have a lot in common though- great success but not very recently, loyal and vocal fanbase, share a city with a club full of foreign daytripper fans. On the other hand you've learned the art of stability whereas we've been sacking for fun for too long. Maybe that'll change though?

And hey, imagine how the season might have gone with the yak available throughout and indeed Arteta for the run in- top four contenders I'd say

Good to hear you again Col.

I disagree with everything negative said about Jo, by yourself and your colleagues, and most of my team mates here. He is the perfect partner to Yakubu, in no uncertain terms.

The lad oozes class, and just needs a home to be part of.

When he finds that home then they will need to buy stronger backs of nets.

He will find that here, but unless we get a season long loan(which is on the cards, FACT), then he will stagnate on your bench.

He genuinely loves it here.

As for your points that I have highlighted. It asks questions.

Do you not think?

Good to hear you again Col.

I disagree with everything negative said about Jo, by yourself and your colleagues, and most of my team mates here. He is the perfect partner to Yakubu, in no uncertain terms.

The lad oozes class, and just needs a home to be part of.

When he finds that home then they will need to buy stronger backs of nets.

He will find that here, but unless we get a season long loan(which is on the cards, FACT), then he will stagnate on your bench.

He genuinely loves it here.

As for your points that I have highlighted. It asks questions.

Do you not think?

Going to happen then! Nice one mate.(y)

Last edited:
Alright mate.

Fair play lad . Speaking sense as us' . Stick around kid . Its good to have other opinions .

Jo seems decent enough at Goodison but gets lost away from home. He was offside countless times yesterday against Sunderland and missed a couple of chances, but he does have something about him. His assist for Pienaar was excellent where he showed strength to hold off a challenge, and vision to slip in Pienaar for the opening goal. I still have'nt quite made my mind up yet whether we should sign him on a permanent deal.

Ahh Maine Road those were the days ........Going in the Kippax away section and ducking at regular intervals as Railway stones were lobbed with great force at our heads . Running from the Sherwood as some manc produced a stanley as soon as he heard my mates scouse tones . Friendly bunch you lot USED to be .

Jo is s**t . Never an Everton player in a million years . I hope to god we get rid because in my opinion he is not even good enough for the bench . I do however hope City start to do things in the league as this Country desperately needs new teams challenging the top four as the league is stale and boring . Hopefully next season both Everton & City will start to have a real go at Liverpool & United .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back