Computer games.

1 week 'til Shadow of the Erdtree! :dance:

I'm away that weekend so may only get a chance to play it on the Thursday, then have to wait until Monday after to play again.
Looks amazing though. I reinstalled Elden Ring a few weeks back to get myself warmed up and just beat Mohg today so I am ready for when it releases.
Will probably respec my character to a new build though, not sure to what. I always seem to end up as some sort of strength + pryomancer style build, so may go the opposite and try a dex based build. Magic or blood magic as support, not decided yet.

Why do I keep thinking that this is the latest addition to The Elder Scrolls series...

It isn't, right?

No, not related.

Elden Ring seems to have great reviews across the board. Feel like I need to play the earlier games by them before I give it a go tho. Waiting to catch one of them relatively cheap at some point
Well, if they're anything like the Elder Scrolls, and I suppose like any role-playing game, prepare to invest a lot (and I mean A LOT) of hours in them... 😂

No, not related.

Elden Ring seems to have great reviews across the board. Feel like I need to play the earlier games by them before I give it a go tho. Waiting to catch one of them relatively cheap at some point
Elden Ring is a standalone lore wise, while it shares a lot of the mechanics of the earlier Fromsoft games, it's its own game. Probably the best jumping in point as well for new players to Soulslike games, as it has a lot more considerations and QoL improvements for newer players than the other titles.

Why do I keep thinking that this is the latest addition to The Elder Scrolls series...

It isn't, right?
They are both RPG's set in fantasy worlds with monsters & dragons and the like, but the similarity ends there. Elden Ring is much more combat focused than the Elder Scrolls series.

1 week 'til Shadow of the Erdtree! :dance:

I'm away that weekend so may only get a chance to play it on the Thursday, then have to wait until Monday after to play again.
Looks amazing though. I reinstalled Elden Ring a few weeks back to get myself warmed up and just beat Mohg today so I am ready for when it releases.
Will probably respec my character to a new build though, not sure to what. I always seem to end up as some sort of strength + pryomancer style build, so may go the opposite and try a dex based build. Magic or blood magic as support, not decided yet.

A Quality / Int build using ice mostly is very fun. Load of great ice spells, and the Darkmoon greatsword is really good

No, not related.

For what it’s worth - Elden Ring is completely separate to the earlier FromSoft games, and probably the most welcoming FromSoft game for new players - so I wouldn’t worry about playing their earlier games too much

No, not related.

I got it. Really enjoyed the first 3-4 hours playing through but then it became absolute nails and I don't have the patience for it.

All about dodge, dip, duck, dive, attack and some boss fights can last for like 20mins+ which i can't be arsed for.

A lot of people love it though.

Elden Ring is a standalone lore wise, while it shares a lot of the mechanics of the earlier Fromsoft games, it's its own game. Probably the best jumping in point as well for new players to Soulslike games, as it has a lot more considerations and QoL improvements for newer players than the other titles.

For what it’s worth - Elden Ring is completely separate to the earlier FromSoft games, and probably the most welcoming FromSoft game for new players - so I wouldn’t worry about playing their earlier games too much

Thank you. Will watch out for a good price on it as I am tempted. Altho be amazing if they'd do a demo as I hear the gameplay in general is not for everybody

I'm currently trying to finish God of War 2 as I want to finish them in order. Really love the game design

I got it. Really enjoyed the first 3-4 hours playing through but then it became absolute nails and I don't have the patience for it.

All about dodge, dip, duck, dive, attack and some boss fights can last for like 20mins+ which i can't be arsed for.

A lot of people love it though.

Tbh now that you describe it like that, I generally would think I wouldn't like that but in God Of War some battles can go on quite a long time and you do need to be able to use the defensive side of the controls.....so maybe decent light training for Elden Ring

Tbh now that you describe it like that, I generally would think I wouldn't like that but in God Of War some battles can go on quite a long time and you do need to be able to use the defensive side of the controls.....so maybe decent light training for Elden Ring

Yeah it’s a lot more detailed than God of War in terms of RPG aspect (weapons, armour, class, skills, resources etc).

Elden Ring is one level, cannot change difficulty. Strap yourself in as it’s a big learning in patience - totally different game to what I’ve ever played. Hack and slash and button mash doesn’t work.

10/10 from IGN

Basically more of the same. (Definitely a good thing)
Has more content as a DLC than a lot of full priced games do these days, you can finish it in around 25 hours if you go straight for the main bosses. But side content and optional areas will probably double that time.

2 days to go! :celebrate:

Ah okay, so it’ll be about 100 hours for me then :lol:

What do you play on? I’d be down for some co op

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back