• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Concepts and rules you think would improve football going forward...

I'd immediately remove the 5 subs rule. I'd make sure that time-wasting is properly punished, keepers included. I'd also bring back the rule where outfield players can't touch the ball until it's out of their penalty area at goal kicks.
If a manager brings on a sub in the last 5 minutes of normal time, the player that is subbed off is unavailable for the next 2 games to stop timewasting substitutions.
All teams to be given the same annual budget regardless, and they can spend that on wages or players, their choice.
25% of any player fee should be paid into grassroots football. The equivalent of 10% of any agreed wages also need to be paid into grassroots football.

UCL should be winners and runners up only, straight knockout, unseeded.

3rd and 4th go into the next cup, etc etc, all straight knockouts unseeded.

90% of any cup final capacity must be split evenly to the competing teams fanbase. 45% each. If any are unsold, the sponsors can bid for the seats, with any money raised from that going to a chosen charity in the local area.

I'd immediately remove the 5 subs rule. I'd make sure that time-wasting is properly punished, keepers included. I'd also bring back the rule where outfield players can't touch the ball until it's out of their penalty area at goal kicks.
If a manager brings on a sub in the last 5 minutes of normal time, the player that is subbed off is unavailable for the next 2 games to stop timewasting substitutions.
All teams to be given the same annual budget regardless, and they can spend that on wages or players, their choice.
25% of any player fee should be paid into grassroots football. The equivalent of 10% of any agreed wages also need to be paid into grassroots football.

90% of any cup final capacity must be split evenly to the competing teams fanbase. 45% each. If any are unsold, the sponsors can bid for the seats, with any money raised from that going to a chosen charity in the local area.

If you think about it , it was/is a weird law change. It just slows the game down more allowing for the 3 yard pass out. atleast if teams wanted to play out from GK, they had to receive the ball from 12 yards away hence creating a bit of panic

If you think about it , it was/is a weird law change. It just slows the game down more allowing for the 3 yard pass out. atleast if teams wanted to play out from GK, they had to receive the ball from 12 yards away hence creating a bit of panic

It's a ridiculous rule that has only been brought in because a person wanted to play a certain way. There are no positives to come from it.

I'd vote for much of this. I'm not sure about the same annual budget. Reducing the number of European games should stop teams hoarding the best players as more players will demand a move in order to get a game?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back