Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this one is out of the blue - but I think he's a solid centre half and he's a perfect partner for Tarkowski. Sign him up Frankie lad.

We need another CB that physically robust enough to stay clear of injury and have leadership quality.

I have no idea if this is the fella but I do know bar Tars the rest of them get a big red Fail stamped on there end of season reports

Barely missed a kick;

1659629256312.png

... If he's available on loan, I'd be baffled if we weren't in for him if we're going to play a back three.

Kind of a meh signing tbh. Doesn't vastly improve us really & he's a bit of a bell it seems. Having said that he is better than Keane, better than Holtgate & more robust than Mina. The kind of signing that moves you from survival territory into 13th-14th. After last season i think a lot of us would take that so as long as it's on the cheap or a loan then I'm mildly ok with it. We can't be expected to be happy or excited by it though. Meh.

If we are set on a back 3 we do need another CB when you factor in Mina misses half the season with injury.

Tarks Coady Mina

Would be my 3 - leaves the trio of doom on the bench.

Surprised by the negativity toward Coady, 29 isn't old and realistically we could get 3 good seasons out of him, he's light years ahead of Keane or Holgate and he's a leader exactly the kind of player we have been missing. Him being a red is irrelevant, anyone who would rather we start either Keane or Holgate need there head testing. Him and Tarks at the back puts us in a much better place than last season, it's about progress can't have another year like last year.

Unless Frank’s going to be pioneering the 811 formation this season, centre back should be the last place we spend another penny. Centre midfield is going to get walked all over, that’s where you win and lose games, we’re desperate for quality. Another forward is also way ahead of another centre back.

Linked with a lot of players very recently, you'd think they were trying to take our mind off something, maybe a big injury to our only real forward after letting our best player go with no replacement hmmm.

Linked with a lot of players very recently, you'd think they were trying to take our mind off something, maybe a big injury to our only real forward after letting our best player go with no replacement hmmm.
I get this point of view and we know what certain members of the board are like, but on the other hand Thelwell has came across as professional and astute.

We need to strengthen the squad and as such we've got to expect the club looking at players. The MO of Sky Sports knowing first doesn't fit the model though.

Status
Not open for further replies.