Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked if he had spoken to Coady about being left out of the starting XI at Leeds, Lage said: “I talked with him since the first day I was here.

“He is one of the best people I have met in football. He’s our captain and our leader and I chose the best XI to win this game and the team did a good performance.
“What is important after this game is in my opinion the team can play in two systems and in my opinion Coady can play in a line of four.
“There is no doubt about that. He’s a great professional and he wants to improve the way his team-mates want to improve to play in a line of four.
“So there’s no doubt in that."

I heard a rumour years ago that Toby Hibbert was a red and that he had a liver bird tattoo on his forearm and that’s why he always wore long sleeved shirts.

I refused to believe it then and I still don’t believe it now.

Does anyone have any further info on that?

I wouldn’t put it past this this guy to play well enough but not too good til the derby and then score a blatant own goal to go down in RS history !

I heard a rumour years ago that Toby Hibbert was a red and that he had a liver bird tattoo on his forearm and that’s why he always wore long sleeved shirts.

I refused to believe it then and I still don’t believe it now.

Does anyone have any further info on that?

Don't see no tatts there.

artworks-jvvDyfeOVMtp0VW5-qshzbg-t500x500.jpg

A world cup coming soon and he'll want to be playing consistently and well to be selected, he won't do anything stupid to jeopardise that.

Rarely injured, a good leader and can play from the back in a 3. Seems a decent signing on loan with an option to buy if that is correct.

While the play time for the WC is a good shout...

Southgate has nearly a 30 man squad he can take to it. There's gonna be players going who will have played little this season.

Can't agree with you on Keane mate, he is a good defender when he is, playing In a four, in a low block and with a steady partner. In all other circumstances, he is an accident looking for a place to happen.
Understood.
But my point is ,as you say above, Keane is good in a four whereas Coady is not.
If we choose a four then it’s horses for courses and Keane over Coady in that set up all day for me.

When asked if he had spoken to Coady about being left out of the starting XI at Leeds, Lage said: “I talked with him since the first day I was here.

“He is one of the best people I have met in football. He’s our captain and our leader and I chose the best XI to win this game and the team did a good performance.
“What is important after this game is in my opinion the team can play in two systems and in my opinion Coady can play in a line of four.
“There is no doubt about that. He’s a great professional and he wants to improve the way his team-mates want to improve to play in a line of four.
“So there’s no doubt in that."
But he still replaced him and relegated him to the bench when he switched permanently to a four.
He tried a four when he arrived at Wolves last season but reverted to three when he realised it was not suited to his existing CB’s, and he is now willing to let him leave.
He is poor in a four but excels in a three.

Whether he will do well in a four is mostly irrelevant. For better or worse it is quite clear lampard is aiming for a three this year

Status
Not open for further replies.