Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Providing we're not dishing out a 5 year contract on stupid wages, happy with this.

We badly lack leadership on the pitch, he will help on that front.

Great if the deal is a loan can come straight in and make an impact. Gives us another vocal leader at the back. I wasnt too happy when i thought it was for money but happy for him to show why the club bought him here

I’ve no idea if he’s as good as Watson or Gough - 2 of the best defenders of their generation.

I don’t think he is.
Got to be honest I’ve not seen much of him
Wolves fans appear to rate him though.
We need bodies I suppose and Frank appears to like him
Time will tell

Seems a good egg
Counter balance to Gueye

Understood.
But my point is ,as you say above, Keane is good in a four whereas Coady is not.
If we choose a four then it’s horses for courses and Keane over Coady in that set up all day for me.
Yeah, I see what you mean, but,not for me. If, for instance, Keane is playing in his favoured back four, in a low block, with his regular partner...you would be expecting him to have a good solid game. If, however, he makes a mistake early on, he goes to pieces, he will then proceed to have a nightmare. A mistake can happen to any defender, the competent ones shrug it off and carry on. I'm afraid Keane is not capable of doing that.

So, in conclusion, if Keane plays in a four, with a very low block and doesn't make an unfortunate error, he may be a better bet than Coady, in that particular game. Whereas, Coady, even though playing in a four is not his favoured position, will be solid enough, reads the game well and is not prone to panicking, will still be a better bet than Keane if an early error is made, because Coady Has the mentality to put an error behind him.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not championing Coady, I'd sooner save the money and put it in the centre forward fund, but, in pretty much all Instances whether playing in a four or a three, I would pick Coady over Keane.

Status
Not open for further replies.