Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think hes gonna say "Im a bit crap playing in a 4 yano, make sure you dont put that Scottish fella on the right tho".

Can`t wait for the season to get going properly, as as with the signing of Cody, Dave now has it in for nearly 30% of our potential first team :

Cody = Kopite Wool.
Patterson - Flute playing, sash wearing, not fit to lace the boots of Coleman.
Pickford - Inbred, swill drinker, who couldn`t catch a cold.

The combination of xG and xGA was relegation standard. Their expected goal difference was 18th in the league (xGD/90 = -0.64).

It is not easy to find good methods to measure goalkeeping. Statsbomb/fbref try looking at post shot xG. Their numbers from last season show that Wolves’ goalkeepers saved 8.5 goals more than what is expected/average. Best in the league with some margin.

For comparison, Pickford/Begovic comes out at -1.5. A ten goal swing on goalkeeper actions alone. And Pickford had a pretty good season.

Fbref goalkeeper stats

maxresdefault.jpg

Everton is building a team to stay in the league. Nothing more. So Coady, Tarkowsky is a big improvement on Keane and Holgate aka Laurel and Hardy.

Kenny Holgate Keane Coleman was the worst back 4 in the entire league last season in my opinion. Championship standard dross and we didn’t have a proper holding mid in front of them either.

As soon as Mykolenko came in we got a bit better but to truly move on we can’t have any of them lining up regularly for us. We saw numerous times how any of them could throw a game in a matter of minutes. I mean even the two goals Palace scored before we came back in the final home game were an absolute shambles that just summed them up completely. Kenny v Burnley was the worst few minutes of football from a player I’ve seen ever, Keane and Holgate v Spurs under Carlo, Coleman’s back pass in the derby.

I’m sick and tired of the lot of them, I don’t care if we have to pay over the odds to get short term bodies in. Anything to get these clowns out the club is good with me.

Sends shivers down my spine even today. National League standard at best that back four collectively! To think we played about 15 games with that back line... all the more remarkable we didn't go down.

Just the excuses that were collectively made for that lot because people liked them. Coleman used to be very good for us about ten years ago, the rest were just a shambles.

We’ve got Pickford, Mykolenko, Gordon and Richarlison to thank for not allowing that car crash of a back 4 to drag us down (although they tried their best)

Mykolenko Tarkowski Mina Coady Patterson moving forward please

Just the excuses that were collectively made for that lot because people liked them. Coleman used to be very good for us about ten years ago, the rest were just a shambles.

We’ve got Pickford, Mykolenko, Gordon and Richarlison to thank for not allowing that car crash of a back 4 to drag us down (although they tried their best)

Mykolenko Tarkowski Mina Coady Patterson moving forward please
Unfortunately we will probably still need to play one crap player every game, Holgate or Keane, as Mina will largely be unavailable this season as per. But that's still a heck of a lot better than four crap players. That side, I can very well imagine Lampard shoe-horning Coleman back in to the detriment of the side.

Is a quick fix for us at cb can come in and help us straight away. Already see the idiots on twitter saying why would he come here, just hope we can show all them why he has come here and have a better season. One thing for certain is that he will be a good influence in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.