Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very smart signing to continue playing 3atb. Been very solid there last few seasons.

Just got to sort rest of the team out now.

I really think Wolves will massively regret this come May. They'll drop like a stone down the league table this season looking at what they put out v Leeds, club that's gone very stale in key positions

Very happy with this. Welcome Conor.
Think we’ll be much more solid this season now. He’ll improve Holgate too.

Has a club captain ever been loaned out to another club before? I've had a long hard think and I'm coming unstuck. With that being said, I'm struggling to make sense out of this transfer from a Wolves perspective. Obviously, there's an option to buy and we'll likely activate it if I think the move goes as smoothly as I think it will (I rate Coady) but yeah. Anyway, it makes perfect sense for us and that's all I should be arsed about really, isn't it? ;)

"One of the best phone calls i've ever had"
Everton that. top of the phone call league
I know stuff like this is all box ticking nonsense in interviews but Frank does seem to have an aura around him and seems to command total respect from pros of all ages.
Onana is also rumoured to have only wanted to come here after speaking to Frank too.

Osman was a kopite grass too
Off topic, but….. where does the ‘Osman is a Grass’ hail from? I see it on here all the time but Ive never heard the story behind it!

I vaguely recall reading an interview or something with Van der Meyde where he said Neville used to snitch on him to Moyes when he’d been out drinking, but never anything about Osman

This is an inspired piece of business. The fella is a leader and with him next to Tarkowski it is a defence light years away from the shambles of last year. He's here because of Lampard and Thelwell. Superb appointments who have shown with a bit of backing they know how to improve and run a footy team. I'd love Gana as well - to me it's a no brainer. I now have a genuine hope of not just surviving but climbing the table and taking our place at the top table again. Just a striker needed now - but the astute deals done so far hopefully allow Frank to get the player he wants. I'm buzzing.

Don’t understand why people are so bothered about him being a Liverpool fan. We have signed many Liverpool fans over the years, some good, some great and some bad.

The echo did a handy list a few years ago if you can’t remember them.

For some reason the customers across the park are bothered by him signing, bringing out the agent x talk they were doing for the FSW last season, they’ll soon pipe it when Conor bullets a header in at the Kop end to win us the Derby next month

Status
Not open for further replies.