Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent player. Not elite, but definitely an upgrade on Keane and more reliable in fitness terms than Mina.

I hold one reservation with Coady and it's the same as Gana. From a purely financial perspective we should absolutely not buy players in this age range, because we'll never recoup anything of the transfer fee. If the fee is pretty low then ok, there's some wiggle room there for genuinely good players.

In Coady's case I'm really pleased it's a loan and I bet he'll impress every time he plays in a back 3 / back 5... But I don't want us to sign him permanently. We need to get younger at the back.

Wolves fan in peace here. Never joined another teams forum before but such is the influence Conor Coady has had on our club I felt compelled to. He has been our leader on the pitch for our rise out of the Championship back to where us older supporters feel we belong. It was very sad to see him on the bench pre-season, playing second string friendlies, knowing that he wasn't going to get many minutes, if any, this season as we go to a back four. We all knew a move was inevitable.

So much I could say about Conor Coady, he has personified everything that has been great about our rise from Championship mediocrity over the last few years, his own journey has mirrored that of the club as a whole, from average midfielder, to stop gap right back to England International captain. I guess three things stand out for me:

1. When we scored, watching him sprint the length of the pitch to be first at the celebrations - passion for the club
2. His constant organising, cajoling, talking, shouting, encouraging - a leader amongst men
3. His joy at scoring, from Bolton to Villa and back to Molineux, his goals were a rarity but his joy was boundless - his pure connection with us supporters

I've ever seen a more honest professional and a more down to earth man, not that many of you will, but if you go onto the Wolves web site and dig around some of old behind the scenes media, you will always see Conor, centre of everything going on, equally as engaged with the tea lady as he is with the coach. He was the media face of the club and is a real leader on and off the pitch.

We are a decent club and it's been heartening that we've let Conor leave in such a way so he can pursue his chance of a World Cup dream. If he gets there everyone in gold and black will be rooting for him, and we'll be just as proud as you guys should he get on the pitch in Qatar.

Good luck Conor, we know you have to big up Everton now and thats the game, but you'll always be a Wolf.

1. When we scored, watching him sprint the length of the pitch to be first at the celebrations - passion for the club
2. His constant organising, cajoling, talking, shouting, encouraging - a leader amongst men
3. His joy at scoring, from Bolton to Villa and back to Molineux, his goals were a rarity but his joy was boundless - his pure connection with us supporters
Very diplomatic this, thanks.

Wolves fan in peace here. Never joined another teams forum before but such is the influence Conor Coady has had on our club I felt compelled to. He has been our leader on the pitch for our rise out of the Championship back to where us older supporters feel we belong. It was very sad to see him on the bench pre-season, playing second string friendlies, knowing that he wasn't going to get many minutes, if any, this season as we go to a back four. We all knew a move was inevitable.

So much I could say about Conor Coady, he has personified everything that has been great about our rise from Championship mediocrity over the last few years, his own journey has mirrored that of the club as a whole, from average midfielder, to stop gap right back to England International captain. I guess three things stand out for me:

I've ever seen a more honest professional and a more down to earth man, not that many of you will, but if you go onto the Wolves web site and dig around some of old behind the scenes media, you will always see Conor, centre of everything going on, equally as engaged with the tea lady as he is with the coach. He was the media face of the club and is a real leader on and off the pitch.

We are a decent club and it's been heartening that we've let Conor leave in such a way so he can pursue his chance of a World Cup dream. If he gets there everyone in gold and black will be rooting for him, and we'll be just as proud as you guys should he get on the pitch in Qatar.

Good luck Conor, we know you have to big up Everton now and thats the game, but you'll always be a Wolf.
Nice post mate, i hope he is as much a leader for us, we desperately need one!

What would you say his strengths and weaknesses and the pitch are mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.