2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all agree that Michael Keane is not the future of Everton's defence. Like many, I have been so frustrated by his performances for us over the seasons he has been with us. There are always mistakes just around the corner with him, most often linked to his lack of speed and frequently not sensing developing danger. But at the same time, he contributed with a calmness across three important games that saved Everton. The goal against Palace to help get us back into a game that would have seen us down. We were never beating Arsenal at the Emirates. This season against Spurs for a crucial point in a game we were on course to lose with 10 men, followed by another demonstration of calmness against Wolves to set up Yerry. The latter 2 you could argue were the points that kept us up this year although I appreciate some will argue that his performance in other games cost us, I prefer to look at the positives he contributed under immense pressure. Thus I won't be hammering the lad. We chose to spend 30mill on him and it is just another example of poor decisions on recruitment rather than the player's fault that he was not as good as the recruitment team at the time thought.

England international for £4.5m, someone is going to snap him up I’d have thought? Unless he’s on ludicrous wages (doubtful as Wolves aren’t renowned for that) surely he’s worth buying if only to do a ‘Niels Nkounkou’ (apparently) and immediately sell him on.

I think he's worth £4.5m all day long and would be a decent squad player and an upbeat character to have at the club which is something we are often lacking.

I'm sure a number of teams who are likely to be our close rivals next year will be hoping we dont sign him so they get a chance to.

Although leaving it very late in the day to make any announcement so suspect he may be off.

If we sold Keane and Holgate, I'd have him but he won't get many games ahead of Tarkowski and Branthwaite plus Godfrey to boot

We can't sell all our defenders even if we wanted to. If Mina is leaving we have two perhaps injury prone rbs, a poor lb and tark and Braithwaite.

That means we most likely have to keep two of coady, Holgate, Godfrey and keane so it will maybe just come down to wages and who has clubs that actually want to buy them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back