2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a bit early to talk about signing him up on a permanent.

If he keeps performing to this level though - especially if he continues to play well in a back four - then I could easily be swayed. Particularly if we find buyers for Mina and Keane in January.

Ask me again in December.

No reason why he wont imo.

Id actually be more surprised if his level dropped.

No reason why he wont imo.

Id actually be more surprised if his level dropped.
As would I. It could happen, but he's prime CB age. The only thing that concerns me just a touch about Coady and Tarkowski, and this is only for this season mind, is that we've tended to get a fair amount of goal production from the CBs and that's not really a strength for either.

So far, as a defensive pairing they're fantastic. Vocal, disciplined and on the same page. If I wanted to start a fight, I would say that if they keep looking like this Southgate should just drop the rest of the lot and play them together at the World Cup. It gets him a whole spine (along with Pickford) that plays together week-in, week-out already. No surprises or miscommunications.

That photo was taken, I reckon, on Wednesday 25th August, 1999.

We played Wimbledon, and the two players on the cover of the programme are Nick Barmby and David Unsworth.

Both of those players scored, in a 4-0 win. Excellent choice of players for the cover, then.

I even found you a link to buy the programme, if you want one!

To be fair Coady was born in February 1993.
That would make him 6 in the picture.
The lad looks about 8-9 i reckon.
Dont believe thats him

Coady has surprised me by looking comfortable in a back 4. I thought he'd struggle. At the moment though he and Tarkowski look a good partnership and it's nice to have two players in central defence who are good on the ball. Do worry that they both lack a tiny bit of pace and at some point teams will look to exploit that, but Coady was the one signing we made this summer that I was relatively sceptical about and I'd have to admit, even at this early stage, that I was wrong in one of two of my assumptions about him.

Coady has surprised me by looking comfortable in a back 4. I thought he'd struggle. At the moment though he and Tarkowski look a good partnership and it's nice to have two players in central defence who are good on the ball. Do worry that they both lack a tiny bit of pace and at some point teams will look to exploit that, but Coady was the one signing we made this summer that I was relatively sceptical about and I'd have to admit, even at this early stage, that I was wrong in one of two of my assumptions about him.

The current first choice three ahead of them Onana, Gueye and Iwobi massively protect the two cbs from being exposed on pace though mate, I can't see any team playing through us and turning us easily and tactically that's where we are funneling teams into, meaning most of what they're dealing with is coming from deep crosses out wide or trying to hit us down the channels but cos we're using the wider two CMs to do the first press on the fb means we are doubling up on wingers - worked perfectly v the rs and Leeds -

Lampard really has got the tactics for the personal we now have really well suited

Status
Not open for further replies.