Covid impact on Everton and clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nea

9812B446-B63D-4E8D-B060-36DE23D99DE4.jpeg

It's the same for everybody though, isn't it? Football would carry on even if all the money dried up.

In fact I'm sure there's clubs whose match day revenue is a bigger percentage of their turnover than ours. Must have hit Spurs hard, for obvious reasons.

What scares me are all these photos on IG of footballers, managers, etc. - ours and others - running around in posh nightclubs, taking selfies with people on the street, etc. - all without masks.

Players have tested positive. The virus is making a comeback. There will be a team somewhere with a breakout. Someone is going to die.

I hate to be that guy.

no tickets sold for 6 months. This is going to hurt our pockets. Are we OK to deal with this?
The percentage of the Clubs money that comes from Tickets is small but not negligible.

We have already made some changes (not over spending in the transfer market), but the fact we have bought players probably means we are doing all right for Money.

no tickets sold for 6 months. This is going to hurt our pockets. Are we OK to deal with this?
There was a news story last year (can't find it, though) which said there are about 10 clubs who could play in front of an empty stadium because the vast majority of revenue comes from elsewhere. Everton was one of those clubs. I imagine the rats over the park are sweating a bit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.