• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Curbishley To Keep Hammers Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Player Valuation: £40m
BBC Sport understands West Ham manager Alan Curbishley will not be sacked, even if the club are relegated.

The Hammers lost to Tottenham on Sunday and are bottom of the Premiership, with only one win in 12 games since Curbishley took over in mid-December.

He admitted after the weekend defeat he would not be surprised if he was axed.

But BBC Sport's Garry Richardson has been told by a "well-placed" source at the club that chairman Eggert Magnusson wants Curbishley to stay.

"My source at the club says that they will stick with Curbishley," Richardson told BBC Radio Four's Today programme.

"I've been told that new chairman Eggert Magnusson is in for the long haul and wants Curbishley by his side."

West Ham are 10 points from safety, with nine Premiership games remaining, and it seems more likely that there will be a player clear-out in the summer rather than a change of manager.

"There is a feeling among some board members that Alan Curbishley has inherited some players with the wrong attitude and they will be sold in the summer," added Richardson.

"Curbishley will be given funds to buy. I was told there will be a major overhaul at the end of the season."

Meanwhile, West Ham goalkeeper Robert Green has called on his team-mates to make sure they apply themselves to the best of their ability for the remainder of the season.

"We are fighting for our lives," Green told WHUTV. "If we don't put that effort in for every game we need to be shot.

"We have shown what we can do and if we approached every game like that one we wouldn't be in the position we are in.

"Unfortunately I don't think we have done."

Suprise Egg-Head aint got rid to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back