Cycling thread

Did probably the hardest ride of my life recently - from Boulder to Mount Evans and back. Ended up doing 215km and around 4,000m of elevation, with most of the ride itself above 2,000m and peaking at over 4,000m. Was utterly hanging for the return leg. My sweatband told a tale.

View attachment 272768
Looks like you immediately started working after that ride as well. Having a keyboard next to your bike and all... :)

Did probably the hardest ride of my life recently - from Boulder to Mount Evans and back. Ended up doing 215km and around 4,000m of elevation, with most of the ride itself above 2,000m and peaking at over 4,000m. Was utterly hanging for the return leg. My sweatband told a tale.

View attachment 272768

Mount Evans is a great ride mate. Have you ever done the Triple Bypass ride? Evergreen to Vail ….. I think you can ride both ways in same event nowadays …. That’s just crazy !

Mount Evans is a great ride mate. Have you ever done the Triple Bypass ride? Evergreen to Vail ….. I think you can ride both ways in same event nowadays …. That’s just crazy !
Nah, I was only in town for a week so indulged myself with 1 day of riding. Going up the Boulder Canyon road at 4.30am was pretty cool. The stars looked so nice (and thankfully no mountain lions).

Yet more dreadful news today, this time from the worlds'.

18yo Swiss rider Muriel Furrer died today, after crashing in yesterday's Women's Junior road race.
Facts not yet fully known, but strong rumours that she lay undetected for over an hour, due to GPS and radios not allowed.

Amidst all the "thought and prayers" there seems to be a lot of anger building towards UCI.

RIP Muriel 😢

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back