Danger of listening to the wrong sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraVires

Player Valuation: £8m
There is a growing number of people within our fanbase who put themselves out as representatives of that fanbase but either act in their own interests or set out to create a toxic culture which gives us a bad look and will no doubt impact the players.

Perhaps the most obvious of example of this is the Esk. His most recent example of trying to rile things up is blaming Moshiri for a suicide:

This is absolutely shameful but instead of acknowledging this, he stands by it. Do you stand by it @AndyC ?

In our last season at Goodison we all need to be on the same page and this man is harmful to the unity we should be striving for.

Mate, this has already been highlighted by many people on a couple of threads now. I think it is best to drop it. As you are by proxy turning the death of a young lady into a point scoring exercise.

Reactions: kev
Mate, this has already been highlighted by many people on a couple of threads now. I think it is best to drop it now. As you are by proxy turning the death of a young lady into a point scoring exercise.
The thread got locked because the take over had been finalised and I think Andy needs to address it unlike his co-host.

59C7AA06-7BCA-44C7-AF0B-7AD815B1D801.webp

**swings in** hello buddies there seems to be disconnect here but it is ok there is a place to make this better and it is a thread called the arena.

There is a growing number of people within our fanbase who put themselves out as representatives of that fanbase but either act in their own interests or set out to create a toxic culture which gives us a bad look and will no doubt impact the players.

Perhaps the most obvious of example of this is the Esk. His most recent example of trying to rile things up is blaming Moshiri for a suicide:

This is absolutely shameful but instead of acknowledging this, he stands by it. Do you stand by it @AndyC ?

In our last season at Goodison we all need to be on the same page and this man is harmful to the unity we should be striving for.

I made this post yesterday mate;

Really poor form to use tragic circumstances to in effect, point score. To allege/speculate, or even draw a correlation around a death as the price for Moshiri's misjudgement is appalling, IMO.

In my view - the most sensitive of issues like that shouldn't be discussed on a podcast, or transcribed to a blog. Nor discussed on a forum - even if to condemn.

I'm not comfortable with it being brought over to here. I wasn't comfortable with people being in a rush to share news over Kevin Campbell, before his family wishes.

In the pursuit of being first, of ego, of clicks - people lose sight of common decency.

It needs to stop. Thread bans for any further discussion - we're better than that. If you really want to comment - comment at source. Not here.

... And it's been validated, IMO from the wonderful Alfie's Squad;

On that note, Ill close this but feel free to create another on the same subject. I just don't want that particular incident discussing on here for reasons given yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back