Danijel Pranjic

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpo

Player Valuation: £225k
EVERTON are closing in on Danijel Pranjic as David Moyes prepares for the potential departure of Leighton Baines.

The Toffees have *re- opened talks with the 30-year-old Croatian left wing-back.

Sources close to the deal have told Starsport an agreement between Pranjic and Everton is on the cards.

Everton's interest will fuel fears in the blue half of Merseyside that prize-asset Baines will be sold.

The England left-back, 27, is a £15m target for *Manchester United.

Pranjic was on the verge of moving to Goodison Park in January and blasted his club Bayern Munich after the deal collapsed.

He said at the time: "I had an agreement with Everton for two-and-a-half years.

"I was ready to board a plane and was really happy because I knew Everton were serious and that they had big plans for me.

"But now it is all over and this is a catastrophe."

But Pranjic is available on a free now after his Bayern contract expired at the end of the season, so Moyes is back on the case.

The Everton boss checked up on Pranjic, who has 45 caps, when Croatia faced Spain at Euro 2012.

Source: Daily Star

Would be good get Pranjic but would be really sickened if Everton let Baines go for anything less than £25mil!! And I woke up this morning as usual in the transfer windows to check the EFC Transfer rumours and nothing new apart from Naismith that Everton are going after 2-3 30+ players, really bad time to be a blue, but its always darkest before the bright blue sky returns :D so not too down heartened hehe

Logical rumour, seeing as anyone who follows any of the source brigade know that we were after him until Bayern upped the price last minute. And now he's on a bosman.

I hope there's truth to it though as he's a good player, and if he had reasonable wages and his signing on fee wasn't too high, then it would be a good deal.

LCAB dismissing rumours of Baines leaving yesterday.

Source: Lcab twitter.

I've been saying for a while I think they'd like him but people at Everton don't think they've got the money (or maybe the determination) to make the deal happen. Could be wrong like but I think it's mostly just rumours so I'm pleased LCAB doesn't seem too concerned either

I've been saying for a while I think they'd like him but people at Everton don't think they've got the money (or maybe the determination) to make the deal happen. Could be wrong like but I think it's mostly just rumours so I'm pleased LCAB doesn't seem too concerned either

All it means to me is this: if Baines isn't going who IS going?

I really cant see a summer of cutting more peripheral and academy players off the wage bill to make way for incomings. That strategy has to be near exhausted. If there's to be any squad building it'll come from a big talent going out the door in the next 8 weeks or so.

I really cant see a summer of cutting more peripheral and academy players off the wage bill to make way for incomings. That strategy has to be near exhausted. If there's to be any squad building it'll come from a big talent going out the door in the next 8 weeks or so.

Apparently Rodwell is as likely as anyone to be off. Plus, I guess if we could finally agree a deal for Yobo and shift Victor, we'd be in business.

Apparently Rodwell is as likely as anyone to be off. Plus, I guess if we could finally agree a deal for Yobo and shift Victor, we'd be in business.

Kenwright is personally handling the Yobo negotiations :eek:. I think they could be lengthy as he's asking £5m & their counter offer was a free I think. I wouldn't expect it to be concluded too swiftly

I thought he'd agreed to go to some mega rich club? Somewhere in China or Qatar or something?

Then they found out he wasn't a striker.

This on a free would be worthwhile. But I doubt he really wants to come to Everton, I think he really just wanted to leave Bayern and we were who came knocking. With more options in the summer, our chances decrease.

LCAB dismissing rumours of Baines leaving yesterday.

Source: Lcab twitter.
Makes me think he might be a cheaper alternative to Pienaar rather than a replacement for Baines. The times I've seen him play (mainly for Lyon), he seemed to be more an inside left than a full back.

Maybe them kind people at Vibrac, could borrow us more money from the new tv deal.

Pranja is good player, great at mid-table teams (Osijek, Heerenveen), not so good at giants (Dinamo, Bayern) and we are mid-table team... but I don't see him as Bainsey's replacement. And I hope latter won't leave us.

Makes me think he might be a cheaper alternative to Pienaar rather than a replacement for Baines. The times I've seen him play (mainly for Lyon), he seemed to be more an inside left than a full back.
this would make sense. i`ve been cooling on the pienaar deal for a while and i dont think it`ll happen with totters trying to nail us to the wall. besides, arent we a club with principles and stevie p is making a case for us to ditch him l

Status
Not open for further replies.