Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. But I think Gibson is the better player. Does the unspectacular very well.

We see more consistency and fear in the rest of the eleven when Neville is involved compared with when he isnt. Pointing isnt spectacular it just seems he carries a lot of respect and our side stay more disciplined when he is out there prepared to kick arse when required.

We see more consistency and fear in the rest of the eleven when Neville is involved compared with when he isnt. Pointing isnt spectacular it just seems he carries a lot of respect and our side stay more disciplined when he is out there prepared to kick arse when required.

We have a really good record with Gibson in the first eleven though. Much better than our record with Neville.

Seems we are starting to see why United let him go so cheaply, so we need to sign another 20 games a season midfield pass merchant that will be injured or unavailable when Gibson is playing and vice versa. Moyes has been in for Huddlestone before. As well as Sean Davies for instance.

everyone knew he was injury prone before he joned us, it's a risk that's paid off imo for what he was worth.

I'd keep Hitz, but Neville definitely needs to go.

Just need somebody with a bit of passing range.

nothing wrong with hitz, it's just with our financial prediciment i'd rather have his wages off the book to go on a better competitor for gibson, instead of having two hitzlespergers.

neville's okay at RB but we really don't need to be spending so much wage on our 3rd choice RB which is what i view him as

We have a really good record with Gibson in the first eleven though. Much better than our record with Neville.

There is an arguement that goes Neville will play through the pain barrier and out of position. Gibson is a modern Darren Anderton who turns up when he feels like and has the wind following him. Im not knocking what he brings to the side just that he doesnt bring it to us or Man Utd before us often enough to be a mainstay of any premier league outfit.

There is an arguement that goes Neville will play through the pain barrier and out of position. Gibson is a modern Darren Anderton who turns up when he feels like and has the wind following him. Im not knocking what he brings to the side just that he doesnt bring it to us or Man Utd before us often enough to be a mainstay of any premier league outfit.

Dunno. I think Gibson is more of an 'engine room' player than Anderton was.

Injuries are obviously a concern though, I agree.

Even when Gibson is fit does anyone seriously think Neville won't have a role in our starting 11?

Yep.

Moyes isn't going to start Neville over Coleman with the exception of a few games now, and Osman isn't going anywhere. Pienaar is an ever present on the left and Neville can't play right wing.

When Gibson is fit Neville will only have a bit part role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back