Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree, moaning about his wages is a bit silly, not when we can moan about the fact that hes taking space in the squad that a more able player could.

Sadly I suspect he will be replaced by Cleverley in the summer.

Gibson with 1 leg is 90 times the player of Tom freaking Cleverley.

And besides, the FIFA thingy only pays out for 365 days, which expired in October.
oh christ, I'd almost forgotten about cleverley, you're right as well, hopefully martinez gets himself sacked before we can sign him

Even as Gibson's biggest fan I'm having my doubts now whether he'll make a proper comeback. I still hope he does but at this point it feels like he's a bit of a lost cause. If he moves on or is replaced in the course of time, it is going to happen whether we like it or not. These things take care of themselves.

This is a new injury so the process would start again. Gibson was injured October 2013 - April/May/July 2014 (whenever he actually began full training). This new injury occurred on international duty in November 2014. The injured period only ends when a player resumes their usual full training regime or when they play a match. Martinez never actually said that he had resumed full training only that he was close etc. Ultimately these claims are made by the club so are dependent on filling out the right paperwork with the right medical testimonials/details. So knowing us, even if we were eligible for having the wages covered we'd probably screw it up or not even apply in the first place.
Well the 'bonus' of this injury is that we arent paying his wages whilst he is injured, correct? Because the last 2 injuries have both been incurred during international duty? Its just insane that he got two debilitating injuries while not even playing for his fn club.

This season would've been different if he'd been fit enough to have had a run of games.. even just 3 or four on the bounce. There's no way a player with his range of passing would have allowed all the useless 5 yard sideway passes without picking out a run from Lukaku.

If he's fit he should be in the team for me. Sick of watching all these 2 yard sidewats balls. Live seeing Gibson get his head up and just curl one over their back four to our striker firat time. Doean't even matter if it doesn't come off, has turned their defense and midfield and given all our players 10 yards extra space infront of them.

If he's fit he should be in the team for me. Sick of watching all these 2 yard sidewats balls. Live seeing Gibson get his head up and just curl one over their back four to our striker firat time. Doean't even matter if it doesn't come off, has turned their defense and midfield and given all our players 10 yards extra space infront of them.
He is finished mate,more chance of the second coming of the Golden Vision.

He looked fitter than we've seen him in a blue shirt, or at any point previously to be honest.

Looked better for the weight loss too, tbh....

*says me, who is probably equal size to @MoutsGoat these days or at least headed that way - slimmer of the year, I have certainly ceased to be...

He looked fitter than we've seen him in a blue shirt, or at any point previously to be honest.

Looked better for the weight loss too, tbh....

*says me, who is probably equal size to @MoutsGoat these days or at least headed that way - slimmer of the year, I have certainly ceased to be...

We've literally had nothing from him have we in about 18 months so I'm not even too sure what he can bring to the table as it's been so long. Ideally for me at this moment in time it should be McCarthy and Besic.

Gotta be the most overated player here in years.

Decent forward thinking midfielder who can pass forward.

But it wouldn't be hard to look better than you are being that type of player fitting into our midfield at the time he arrived.

He's good, but he that good.

We've literally had nothing from him have we in about 18 months so I'm not even too sure what he can bring to the table as it's been so long. Ideally for me at this moment in time it should be McCarthy and Besic.
It should be Besic and McCarthy, I agree.

Gibson and Barry are excellent back up for them - unfortunatly it's not really been arranged like that this season, has it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back