Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't that the reason Alex Ferguson let him come to us, good player but never fit for a whole season. if he was fit the whole time he would still be at united.

It doesnt cover existing injuries and only until he resumes training, which he did only to break down again.

We are paying his wages.

Even if we were, it's a stupid thing to whine about. The contracts are signed between the clubs and the players. Injuries happen.

From looking at the documentation, you're only not covered if the player is still receiving treatment for the injury when he turns up for international duty.

"Existing injuries: players with injuries that already exist when a player joins his/her national
team for a match as mentioned above or for the 2018 FIFA World CUpTM, the FIFA Women's
World Cup 2015™, the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017, confederation final tournaments or
the Olympic Football Tournaments 2016 (men's and women's), i.e. injuries for which a player is
receiving specific medical treatment when joining the representative "A" team for duty, are
not covered for the part of the body concerned. The enclosed Technical Bulletin defines
what is meant by such existing injuries."

Without looking at any further clauses in this 'Technical Bulletin', it looks as though if you've fully recovered and are not receiving treatment for your previous injury at the time you join up with the squad, you are covered for any injury that is then subsequently suffered.

Oh I agree, moaning about his wages is a bit silly, not when we can moan about the fact that hes taking space in the squad that a more able player could.

Sadly I suspect he will be replaced by Cleverley in the summer.

Gibson with 1 leg is 90 times the player of Tom freaking Cleverley.

And besides, the FIFA thingy only pays out for 365 days, which expired in October.

Absolutely rated Gibson and was so looking forward to seeing him back this year and was insisting anyone who wanted to sell him in the summer was wrong. 6 months on and I really can't be arsed and don't even think about him anymore, he's become what Kone was. Just a complete joke figure who half of us don't believe will ever play for us again.

Oh I agree, moaning about his wages is a bit silly, not when we can moan about the fact that hes taking space in the squad that a more able player could.

Sadly I suspect he will be replaced by Cleverley in the summer.

Gibson with 1 leg is 90 times the player of Tom freaking Cleverley.

And besides, the FIFA thingy only pays out for 365 days, which expired in October.

Even as Gibson's biggest fan I'm having my doubts now whether he'll make a proper comeback. I still hope he does but at this point it feels like he's a bit of a lost cause. If he moves on or is replaced in the course of time, it is going to happen whether we like it or not. These things take care of themselves.

This is a new injury so the process would start again. Gibson was injured October 2013 - April/May/July 2014 (whenever he actually began full training). This new injury occurred on international duty in November 2014. The injured period only ends when a player resumes their usual full training regime or when they play a match. Martinez never actually said that he had resumed full training only that he was close etc. Ultimately these claims are made by the club so are dependent on filling out the right paperwork with the right medical testimonials/details. So knowing us, even if we were eligible for having the wages covered we'd probably screw it up or not even apply in the first place.

Even as Gibson's biggest fan I'm having my doubts now whether he'll make a proper comeback. I still hope he does but at this point it feels like he's a bit of a lost cause. If he moves on or is replaced in the course of time, it is going to happen whether we like it or not. These things take care of themselves.

This is a new injury so the process would start again. Gibson was injured October 2013 - April/May/July 2014 (whenever he actually began full training). This new injury occurred on international duty in November 2014. The injured period only ends when a player resumes their usual full training regime or when they play a match. Martinez never actually said that he had resumed full training only that he was close etc. Ultimately these claims are made by the club so are dependent on filling out the right paperwork with the right medical testimonials/details. So knowing us, even if we were eligible for having the wages covered we'd probably screw it up or not even apply in the first place.

Center mids who get multiple leg injures never seem to recover. Sad too because I think he would have fit well into Bob's system too. He had such a good partnership with Fellani too even though I'm not exactly sure what he did besides staying out of Fell's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back