Dave Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Saw his name mentioned on another thread,just thought to myself he maybe gets overlooked a little sometimes by our fanbase,what a great servant,player,leader,he had a difficult start to his career,but went on to win a title and FA Cup,for me though his greatest achievement was being one of our stellar performers in the early to mid 1990s when we had a terrible team but he shone like a beacon with his consistency and was also one of the true hard men of the era without ever shouting his mouth off about it,Thanks Waggy a true legend of our club.?

Brilliant defender, I remember one derby match when all the pre match hype was about Owen and how fast he was and had just been the young star at that summer's World Cup and he was going to destroy Everton. Watson handled him brilliantly in a 0-0 draw and he barely got a kick just backed off him and defended the 18 yard box and left no space for Owen to run into and took away his best asset was really man against boy that afternoon.

Saw his name mentioned on another thread,just thought to myself he maybe gets overlooked a little sometimes by our fanbase,what a great servant,player,leader,he had a difficult start to his career,but went on to win a title and FA Cup,for me though his greatest achievement was being one of our stellar performers in the early to mid 1990s when we had a terrible team but he shone like a beacon with his consistency and was also one of the true hard men of the era without ever shouting his mouth off about it,Thanks Waggy a true legend of our club.?
Yes, the very definition of "club legend". Perhaps not possessing of the quality to make a wider mark at international level, but most certainly a great for Everton in teams at the top and bottom of the table. A genuine Everton great - league champion, cup winner, relegation escapologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.