David Bentley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axlswhk

Player Valuation: £40m
David Bentley is set to leave Spurs after a row with manager Harry Redknapp. The bust-up occured at a behind-close-door friendly against Grays Athletic.
Bentley refused to take the friendly match seriously. "Bentley was taking the mickey the whole game, just back-heeling or toe-punting the ball whenever it came to him. Harry asked him what he was doing and they had a big verbal ruck, then Harry told him he was getting rid of him in Jan."said a Spurs source.
anyone fancy a loan move for him?

I think he would be very good player is our system this yearand would give us more options on the flanks and centrally. This one would be more appealing then Donovan for me. Though i would think Harry wouldnt want to add quality to our squad come Jan or any of his rivals, prob go to Wigan or Blackburn on loan and then City in the summer - if true.

* I think after Donavon we will use our last loan on a centre half.

ask Moyes, he makes the decisions at this club.
Well I'm just curious about the opinion of fellow blues.
I'll be happy if we take him on loan and give him a chance to redeem his career. He might turn out to be the out and out winger that we've been craving for.
Bentley knows he had no future at spurs, if we give him a new challenge, environment and bring back his enthusiasm, who knows how good he will turn out to be? Its just like how we ressurect Pieenar's career.

Last edited:
Well I'm just curious about the opinion of fellow blues.
I'll be happy if we take him on loan and give him a chance to redeem his career. He might turn out to be the out and out winger that we've been craving for.
Bentley knows he had no future at spurs, if we give him a new challenge, environment and bring back his enthusiasm, who knows how good he will turn out to be? Its just like how we ressurect Pieenar's career.

Why was Pienaar a tool of epic proportions? Did he think he was god's gift and swanned around like he was the new Beckham?

Or are you referring to the way he was getting lost at Dortmund?

Yeah, you're right. Pieenar had a horrid time in Germany.
I was refering to our policy of loaning misfit and taking a gamble on them with minimum financial risk.
You sounds like you dislike Bentley, apart from his questionable attitude, what other things turn you off?

Yeah, you're right. Pieenar had a horrid time in Germany.
I was refering to our policy of loaning misfit and taking a gamble on them with minimum financial risk.
You sounds like you dislike Bentley, apart from his questionable attitude, what other things turn you off?

Do you know what, when Bentley was at Blackburn I thought he would a great signing. I actually thought he would step into the gap left by Beckham for England.

But then I saw him on Super Sunday as a guest, and he looked like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Slick back hair though, medallion, shirt unbuttoned, big wings - and I thought who the **** are you? Win something, be something and then have the ego.

Now he just looks like a pillock, and it's a waste of talent.

So to answer your earlier question - I would not want to see Bentley in an Everton shirt. Rather see VDM back to be honest.

He is a strange case at spurs. Redknapp called him a loser in front of the press after the penalty miss against Manu. You can bet Redknapp wouldn't dare about Defoe after last sundays miss. Bit of a personality clash at spurs, which is odd because Redknapp is renown for getting the best from oddity players like Di Canio for instance. Maybe he was not happy at Bentley being signed, because im not sure how in favour he was at letting Keane join the Laughing-stock FC. There is a bit more going on at suprs than initially meets the eye.

You wonder why you get a bad rep on here! What a really t.watty reply- you dont have to post on every thread!

Luckily I don't really care too much what you say these days since you stood me up and didn't have the courtesy to reply to my PM or my questions on the match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.