David Unsworth wins UK Talent Development Coach of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done David, I still think you are an Everton manager in waiting. Many much more experienced managers than you would have found it difficult to get our current shower of mercenary wasters motivated. It is a sad indictment of them, that, all of a sudden, when there is a new permanent manager watching from the stands, who they know they will not be able to drive out in the short term. They are, all of a sudden, able to play football again.

Give him the managers job I say, he just needs a chance. Proper blue.

Won 3, drawn 1, lost 2 is his premier league record mate for Everton - not bad having a 50% win rate is it which I'm pretty sure is probably the highest rate of any Everton manager.

Got stuffed twice in the EL which cost him more support than any league game did ( and rightly so imo )

Obviously not good enough to be Everton manager at this moment in time we can all agree, but the fella done well under the circumstances so as far as I'm concerned deserves a bit of credit

Fully deserved, he’s done a brilliant job for the U23’s. I also think he did a very good job given the position he was put into with First Team and then hung out to dry by the board by keeping him on game by game thus not giving him any authority. I hope he moves onto manage another team in a lower division and not stick with the U23’s. I think he’s got the potential to be a future manager for us.

Fully deserved, he’s done a brilliant job for the U23’s. I also think he did a very good job given the position he was put into with First Team and then hung out to dry by the board by keeping him on game by game thus not giving him any authority. I hope he moves onto manage another team in a lower division and not stick with the U23’s. I think he’s got the potential to be a future manager for us.

If he's producing 50% of the first team squad mate I don't want him going anywhere other than the u23's lol

If he's producing 50% of the first team squad mate I don't want him going anywhere other than the u23's lol
I know what you mean but that just shows he’s a good coach. I’d like to see him fulfill his potential as a First team manager. By the way Ebbrell is meant to be a very good coach as well. My mate’s son was at Tranmere when Ebbrell was there and had a lot of very good things to say about him.

Would have been interesting to have seen him work with a full squad and a transfer window to sort out the mess. In my opinion would have done more than ok until the end of the season to allow the board the consider their options. Real shame he didn't get that chance.

Imagine him having Bolasie, Barkley, Coleman, McCarthy and Mori available to him, plus a striker and centre back in January..

Bit bittersweet this one.

Delighted for Rhino, I really am. He’s a proper blue, and any award he wins is a testament to his character.

However, sure this will set the triggers for a few football league clubs. I’d be delighted for him, but gutted to lose him a lot more.

...let’s not forget that he is up against cash rich clubs who attract the best young talent across the globe and he still won the PL2 title.

It’s not only the youngsters who come through at this level, many players who have developed under his coaching are supporting clubs in the lower leagues. Take a bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back