David Unsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of youngsters coming through is annoying. It'd be the perfect time to bring a few through like Arsenal have under Arteta.

….not sure what that has to do with Unsworth.

I’m no fan of his, the defeat at Southampton when he was in charge was a low point but he’s an easy target, the key problems lie elsewhere.

Last edited:
What metrics are used to measure his performance?

Progression to the first team - failed
Generating profit from player sales for those not making the first team - failed
Spending less on youth players than he receives in sales - failed

Little wonder we are drowning in mediocrity.

Nice little Everton, the club that strives to be a gentleman rather than a winner.

He is one of the first wasters who need turfing out the club.
Yet Dave prentice thinks he’s doing a great job. Been the local Everton journalist for 30yrs. That tells us everything about the way the club/Bill controls things. Wont say a bad word about anyone, well maybe brands & Moshiri.

But this is the journalist who wrote a piece about Hicks & Gillette and what a shocking job they were doing as Liverpool owners and need to get out the club. Unbelievable

Yet Dave prentice thinks he’s doing a great job. Been the local Everton journalist for 30yrs. That tells us everything about the way the club/Bill controls things. Wont say a bad word about anyone, well maybe brands & Moshiri.

But this is the journalist who wrote a piece about Hicks & Gillette and what a shocking job they were doing as Liverpool owners and need to get out the club. Unbelievable
spot on

The results aren't even good at that level anymore, not that they are the important thing. We just got thumped by Peterborough at U23s.

His role is to produce players who are good enough to improve the first team squad. No one can suggest he has succeeded in that. The only young player we have brought through to a high level is Calvert Lewin, and we signed him from Sheffield United.

The results aren't even good at that level anymore, not that they are the important thing. We just got thumped by Peterborough at U23s.

His role is to produce players who are good enough to improve the first team squad. No one can suggest he has succeeded in that. The only young player we have brought through to a high level is Calvert Lewin, and we signed him from Sheffield United.
It's actually a bit of a myth.

He was aware of DCL from his time at Sheff Utd and he did recommend him to the club. However, upon signing he only played a total of 9 times for Everton U23.

To give Unsworth anything but a passing mention in his development is massively overstating his coaching involvement.

Before Jeffers (I know he’s left), Jevons, Ferguson and whatever, Unsworth should be the first one gone.

Whoever is monitoring him too, needs to be turfed out too.

In Unsworth’s 9 years in charge we’ve..

• Spent £15m on players, of which none have made the first team (Markelo, Adeniran, Gibson, Bowler to name a few).
  • Not adapted tactics to that of the first team for that easier transition, it’s been 9 years.
  • In that time those tactics he did adopt were one dimensional, rigid and bully tactics, garbage.
  • 1 youth prospect established themselves (Tom Davies) in that time, and he’s not very good. Gordon is on the fringes and I expect will make it as 2. But neither have said to me “Guantanteed starter”, harsh on Gordon, but that’s why he’s not established yet.

Oh yeah, but he’s close with the board and especially DBB, so he’s got a job for life.
Definitely. I've got no problems with recently retired ex-players getting an apprenticeship as coaches (the likes of Jeffers, Jevons, Baxter). But the ones in senior influential positions should be best-in-class. Not someone like Unsworth.

It's actually a bit of a myth.

He was aware of DCL from his time at Sheff Utd and he did recommend him to the club. However, upon signing he only played a total of 9 times for Everton U23.

To give Unsworth anything but a passing mention in his development is massively overstating his coaching involvement.

I am only giving him a passing mention. He was a player signed from Sheffield United who went quickly into the first team set up and had made his debut inside a few months

And virtually came straight into the first team squad, I know he played at few games at un23 but I’d be surprised if it was more than 10

Definitely. I've got no problems with recently retired ex-players getting an apprenticeship as coaches (the likes of Jeffers, Jevons, Baxter). But the ones in senior influential positions should be best-in-class. Not someone like Unsworth.

I got told by someone reliable that Baxter was in, in a mentoring role, as opposed to a coaching role.

If so, I get the thought process, we’ve had lots of players struggle with their rise and the higher money, so might not be terrible.

But we’re such a boys club, the growing clamour from some of our fans wishing for Ferguson drives me insane.

I got told by someone reliable that Baxter was in, in a mentoring role, as opposed to a coaching role.

If so, I get the thought process, we’ve had lots of players struggle with their rise and the higher money, so might not be terrible.

But we’re such a boys club, the growing clamour from some of our fans wishing for Ferguson drives me insane.
Baxter is a bell end and a Kopite.

Status
Not open for further replies.