2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Osman was a good player for us!!!
I'd give him a solid 6/10 for his time with us. Decent, probably matched our ambitions at the time to be honest. Technically decent, had the ability to pull out a corker every once in a while, but a bit of a runt who should have scored way more than he did. Will never forget his "thunderbolts" from the edge of the area ... as they trickled their way to the opposition goalkeeper.

I'd give him another chance simply because in the past plenty of players have struggled in their first season and then come good, some take time to adapt to the different style of play in our League. If he still proves not upto the job then maybe look to shift him in Jan or next summer.

I'd give him a solid 6/10 for his time with us. Decent, probably matched our ambitions at the time to be honest. Technically decent, had the ability to pull out a corker every once in a while, but a bit of a runt who should have scored way more than he did. Will never forget his "thunderbolts" from the edge of the area ... as they trickled their way to the opposition goalkeeper.

He did have one blinding season as a number 10 and got an England call up.

Also that header against City was mental.

I'd give him another chance simply because in the past plenty of players have struggled in their first season and then come good, some take time to adapt to the different style of play in our League. If he still proves not upto the job then maybe look to shift him in Jan or next summer.
I remember wetting myself lughing at what a yard-dog Chelsea had beought when they first had Drogba! Not exactly impressive in his first season. I would certainly like to see if the lad is capable under a football playing manager? I think those saying he hasnt even cut it at U23 level for us needs to realise what a morale breaker it must be to be reduced to those levels. I’d keep him, let him have an opportunity next season, then bin him off in January if it becomes obvious that he isnt good enough!

Would take that from Davvy tbh.

One thing about Osman was he could receive the ball to his feet while tightly marked, he had good close control which allowed others to find position, he definitely should have scored more but he was a decent player in my eyes.

One thing about Osman was he could receive the ball to his feet while tightly marked, he had good close control which allowed others to find position, he definitely should have scored more but he was a decent player in my eyes.

I thought he was a cracking little player Osman, 2 great feet, scored some great goals, got stuck in. It was no surprise we started looking utterly turd under Martinez once we lost midfielders who could actually play togger.

For all of Osmans faults, he'd take the ball and turn with it and not just pass it back to the other way.

I dont rate the lid at all, ive seen nothing in any of the games ive seen him play to make me think he will kick on from here and have the Everton career we would all aspire him to have. I have great sympathy for all parties involved the lad himself to an extent, that said i didnt like the messing that went on with his proposed loan to Napoli in January, if he was that committed to playing and improving, a loan was an ideal opportunity. Hes on a big contract at Everton, not his fault but given that its easy to trot out the line of wanting to stay and fight for your place.

Its been a bad decision signing him for me. I sincerely hope im wrong on the lid, but i would be surprised if he kicks on.

Last edited:
I will be interested to see what the new manager makes of him.

As with other posters, from what I've seen of him I can't see what he'll ultimately offer. But, we've barely seen him.

Ideally he can save us a few quid in midfield- we'll take a hit on him and have to shell out for someone else.

I thought he was a cracking little player Osman, 2 great feet, scored some great goals, got stuck in. It was no surprise we started looking utterly turd under Martinez once we lost midfielders who could actually play togger.

For all of Osmans faults, he'd take the ball and turn with it and not just pass it back to the other way.

People joke about his powder puff shots but a collection of his greatest goals would put to shame our current midfields entire goals put together.

Martinez went downhill when he decided to replace playmakers like Osman and Pienaar with Kone and Cleverley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back