Deep Deep do-do

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we can blame the building of the new stadium for our financial issues and some fans will do so , that is not true in our case. The financial issues besides the ffp thing that came from gross mismanagement started the minute the government sanctioned ulsmanov and we went from having a steady budget we needed to balance to having nothing at all.

Given that ulsmanov owns companies that provide steel and the rest and was directly involved with the club in the shadows then it's clear that the whole takeover that kenwright approved was completely dodgy from the get go which explains why arsenal kept them at an arm's length for so long.

I honestly feel the club has nowhere to go now and the ffp thing will just compound our relegation this season.

At the time, Usmanov would have spent mega with Arsenal, Kroenke just wouldn't budge.

We have a number of players who are championship level at best within the squad. Doesn’t take a genius to see that’s where we’ll end up. It is absolutely criminal that Richarlison was sold over a year ago and not replaced. Likewise Gordon in January. I genuinely get the impression, that our board (what is left of it) where budgeting for relegation last season with their cost cutting measures. We are in the same boat again this year. We have one of the lowest net spends in the last 5 years and it’s no surprise where we are with the lack of investment in the squad.
A takeover cannot happen soon enough, we need a new direction to at least give us hope moving forward. The longer Moshiri and Bill are at the helm, the longer our demise will be.

We are in it and right now there doesn’t appear to be anyway out.

Lack of funds or restriction on spending.

The players we are being linked with and bringing in are Championship standard at best.

The existing players seem to be rallying against the fans and the abuse they are receiving from them.

The board is a complete non entity and there appears to be no leadership whatsoever.

The promised investment and winds of change appears to be as far off as it did this time last year.

The manager talks a good game but appears to be out of his depth too.

It’s a diabolical mess all round.

Anyone who thinks we are going to avoid relegation this year needs their head testing.

This has been copied and pasted for the last three or four years surely…..

Hard to find anything to like about our club these days.
The Board are useless.
The manager is meh.
The players collectively are rubbish and spineless.
The fanbase is toxic.

Personally I don't want relegation. Ask Sheff Wednesday fans how the re-boot is going.
I'm just clinging to my memories of the mid-80's and wishing we had characters of that calibre in and around the club.

Complete reset if we go down, from top to bottom and we could force our way back up quickly.

That being said, our financial situation isn't great with much stricter regulations in the EFL.
I thought the same with Stoke and was way off the mark unfortunately. Everton need to stay up and invest. Dyche is a dinosaur and you should get Potter in ASAP

Inappropriate Language
HERE WE GO AGAIN.

No, we’re not in deep [Poor language removed]. A win against Wolves and Shef and we’re right back up the table. We still have some key players out. And we still have some players that need to come inn. In a few weeks we’re going to have Danjuma, Harrison, DCL and hopefully McNeil back in the team.

HERE WE GO AGAIN.

No, we’re not in deep [Poor language removed]. A win against Wolves and Shef and we’re right back up the table. We still have some key players out. And we still have some players that need to come inn. In a few weeks we’re going to have Danjuma, Harrison, DCL and hopefully McNeil back in the team.
We won’t beat Wolves and Sheffield United.

Those players will be out for a few months rather than weeks.

We are in it and right now there doesn’t appear to be anyway out.

Lack of funds or restriction on spending.

The players we are being linked with and bringing in are Championship standard at best.

The existing players seem to be rallying against the fans and the abuse they are receiving from them.

The board is a complete non entity and there appears to be no leadership whatsoever.

The promised investment and winds of change appears to be as far off as it did this time last year.

The manager talks a good game but appears to be out of his depth too.

It’s a diabolical mess all round.

Anyone who thinks we are going to avoid relegation this year needs their head testing.
To be honest it boils down to starting games without a goal threat.
A Calum Wilson, Olly watkins, or anyone that could combine link up play with a realistic goal threat would make the the rest of the squad, and the manager look like comfortable premier league survivors.
We are litterally going out to play with a with our arms tied behind our back.
We invite pressure because teams can ignore our “threat” and overload. We have no outlet, when we get the ball in the opponents half we cannot make it stick… so again we are on the back foot.
I get it this skill set is difficult to pick up. There is no chance moyes wouldn’t have improvised - when we were short fellani went up top. Onana and even Keane would cause a little bit of a disruption and hold up play. Neither setting the world alight in their regular position. It’s not a long term answer I agree but we need something to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back