2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its 10m if he plays 20 games or so it was reported.

Apparently the next 10m is after 40 games.
Is it starts or appearances?

Either way, his lack of meaningful game time is as someone said due to our/his situation (relegation fight and form). The financial aspect perhaps a secondary role.... The words kicking the financial can down the road, spring also to mind.

I for one, ever hopeful, reckon next season (perhaps even this) he'll show us more of what he can do. And with Frank's big loving arms around him..... Who knows what's possible.

I do think he’d offer something coming in off one of the wider positions to float around the number 10 and make the midfield three a diamond when in attack.

We just can’t do it at the moment because the full backs haven’t been solid enough defensively (Mykolenko is getting there) and we haven’t had a consistent defensive midfielder to cover across (Delph has only just started getting a run). Lampard has felt (rightly) that we have to have two players on the flanks who will work up and down tirelessly, and who can blame him, we saw yesterday that as soon as Kenny came on and Gray was a bit goosed then crosses flew in from that side and we almost conceded.

Dele is a victim of key parts of the team just not functioning so we can’t carry him and the natural style of play he wants to play. If we could sort out our league one standard defence and get a proper holding mid in then maybe we might see more of him.

Surely signing Dele on a permanent and paying Spurs £20M would be insane. I'm sure there's a footballer in there but it seems not. We might try to re-negotiate with Spurs and give him a short term contract but, on the evidence so far, it would be a huge risk. It's just possible he could rediscover his game at a less intense level than the PL (and maybe we could retain an interest).

Ive got no idea what youre on about here mate?

20 games = £10mil
40 games = £10mil

Hes on a permanent, hes our player.

Looks like he'll be coming in at 10 next season in a new formation.

Continuity of players performing well in his area of play, only position in current formation is on the left, so up against Gray Richarlson and Gordon

Unless injured be surprised if he does not get some proper minutes over the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.