2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the montage of Deli Ali's play against Palace on the officual website. Didn't se him do anything to get excited about - a few 10 yard sideways passes to a teammate in space (which, admittedly is more than some of them can do) and getting foued a bit. Need to get rid. Also on that montage were a couple of occasions when he passed to Gordon. Once for Gordon to put a cross in - which was inevitiby cut out by the first defender - and once to give Gordon a chance for a right footed shot, but his mis-control was so poor he had to run 2 yards to his left to retrieve the ball and the half chance was gone. Another one who's not good enough.
Was he not involved in Richarlison's goal also?

Yeah Mourinho is a dinosaur who knows nothing. We saw him put in a half decent performance against Palace and forgot the dross he served up before that and the walking aimlessly around the pitch and the passing to the opposition.

Come on mate he's clearly not good enough

I think we’re agreeing ha. I’d back Mourinho’s judgement on players.

That said if Dele can apply himself he might be able to turn it around but it’s like a lot of players in the squad, they just don’t want to do the work.

I think we’re agreeing ha. I’d back Mourinho’s judgement on players.

That said if Dele can apply himself he might be able to turn it around but it’s like a lot of players in the squad, they just don’t want to do the work.

Mourinho made some howlers on players mate, he was one that if your personality wasn't what he liked he ostracized, Mata being a great example of that, brilliant player who Mourinho didn't like so froze him out at Chelsea then United when he was clearly better than the blokes olsying ahead of him

Mourinho made some howlers on players mate, he was one that if your personality wasn't what he liked he ostracized, Mata being a great example of that, brilliant player who Mourinho didn't like so froze him out at Chelsea then United when he was clearly better than the blokes olsying ahead of him
Not Mourinho fault when Lampard is echoing exactly the same thing.

“Can you train better so I can play you”

Bit of stretch, had a shot / cross that was intercepted and landed for Richie.
Control of the interception and lifting it over the incoming defender(s) was all on Richarlison imo.
If Dele hadn't of been there, he wouldn't have had the shot which pinged over to Richie. Unless Richie can pass it to himself via teleportation, it wasn't all on him. One thing Dele has had in his locker for his entire career was being in the right place at the right time. That's down to having a good footballing brain.

Add to this that he's been benched since coming here, was asked to drag us out of the poo at half time and made the difference. If we hadn't have brought him on, we'd be checking the bus fares to Hull and Swansea right now.

You could have even booked a nice weekend away in Blackpool....:coffee:

Reactions: SJB
If Dele hadn't of been there, he wouldn't have had the shot which pinged over to Richie. Unless Richie can pass it to himself via teleportation, it wasn't all on him. One thing Dele has had in his locker for his entire career was being in the right place at the right time. That's down to having a good footballing brain.

Add to this that he's been benched since coming here, was asked to drag us out of the poo at half time and made the difference. If we hadn't have brought him on, we'd be checking the bus fares to Hull and Swansea right now.

You could have even booked a nice weekend away in Blackpool....:coffee:
You do realise Burnley finished on 35 points right?
Delli had a great half and was the catalyst for the win, there's no denying that. I simply think that only one or maybe two of our players have the speed of though and ability to turn that deflection / interception into a goal from there. For me that goal was less about Alli's shot / cross and more about the actual scorer being in the right place at the right time, with calmness and ability to do what needed to be done and score........ opinions eh? :coffee:

You do realise Burnley finished on 35 points right?
Delli had a great half and was the catalyst for the win, there's no denying that. I simply think that only one or maybe two of our players have the speed of though and ability to turn that deflection / interception into a goal from there. For me that goal was less about Alli's shot / cross and more about the actual scorer being in the right place at the right time, with calmness and ability to do what needed to be done and score........ opinions eh? :coffee:
This is like suggesting that it could have been anybody that the ball dropped to on the edge of the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.