2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Delli Alli deserves a lot of credit for opening up on his childhood traumas, not an easy thing to do so kudos the boy needs support for now.

If it helps him clear his head and getting back to playing football and is 60% the player he was it will only benefit us.

For now he needs to good preseason and hopefully now he has had some rehab he can apply himself in training and get back somewhere like his best.

That interview is really powerful stuff. FairPlay to Dele for stepping up and doing that, the bit where he’s talking about his mum being an alcoholic etc is a tough watch. Also though Neville handled it really well.

Dele a world class youngster, genuinely thought he’d go on to great things but when you listen to him talk you realise how incredible it is that he managed to achieve what he did with everything he goes through.

One thing we do well as a club is supporting players through difficult situations. I hope he gets back to a level where his talent deserves him to be, but more importantly I hope he gets to a position where he’s happy in life.

The man who's just done an interview discussing things he says he's never spoken about before and gone into rehab to address issues and addictions he's kept from everyone all these years? You have absolutely no idea what Spurs have done to try to help him in his professional and persons life, but on the face of it, it appears he made it very difficult for anyone to help him before this summer. You cannot help someone who doesn't want helping.
Well they can certainly help him now. I’m not saying they will, but it’s in their gift to do so, and at very little (if any) loss to themselves

The man who's just done an interview discussing things he says he's never spoken about before and gone into rehab to address issues and addictions he's kept from everyone all these years? You have absolutely no idea what Spurs have done to try to help him in his professional and persons life, but on the face of it, it appears he made it very difficult for anyone to help him before this summer. You cannot help someone who doesn't want helping.
Who says he didn’t want helping? It can be very difficult to accept help when you’re in despair. Everything feels hopeless and getting out of that mindset can be a huge ordeal.
You can feel totally overwhelmed by doing what seems like the most simple task to others. Talking about childhood abuse is extremely difficult and makes adult relationships and trust in others sometimes impossible as you try to avoid what happened and spiral downwards due to the enormity of it. Your boundaries are lowered and sometimes continue to accept what was normal in your childhood into your adult life, add to that he is in the public eye and scrutinized due to his public persona. It’s really complex and I am so happy that he has now taken steps to overcome his horrible upbringing.

Honestly I think Spurs will just say their doctors prescribed the correct dosages for their players to sleep before big games so they got the rest they needed and they’re terribly sorry to hear about what happened.
Think that is worrying in itself, don't think my GP would prescribe me sleeping medication for the presentation am doing next week.

Fair play to Dele, very brave.
And Neville did a good job too.
No kid should have to endure that. Sent to Africa at 6 for discipline, christ.
Anyway, it's great that he's had good chats with Dyche. Really looking forward to seeing how he does on the field when he's fit.
His performance against palace two seasons ago kept us up.
It would be great to see him step in to the Tom Davies role at EITC too.

Not buying it and he should be lashed in room 101.
Not buying what? You reckon he’s made up a sob story about being molested at 6, shipped off to Africa for ‘discipline’ at 7 and getting involved in gangs and drug running from 8-12 so that he can get another contract?

The lads clearly had a tough time of it and it’s taken him until now to get past this trauma…

Whether he makes it back to being a top footballer remains to be seen but I don’t see how anyone can watch those 45 mins and do anything other than wish the lad well.

apologies for my ignorance on this question if its seems obvious what he said but i didn't understand what he meant when he said he was hung off a bridge at 11 by a man. Does this mean that a man tried to kill him at 11 by making it look like he committed suicide?

apologies for my ignorance on this question if its seems obvious what he said but i didn't understand what he meant when he said he was hung off a bridge at 11 by a man. Does this mean that a man tried to kill him at 11 by making it look like he committed suicide?
I thought it was meant more a threat thing, hanging him off a bridge like if you do/don’t do this you’re dead but whatever the details I’m sure he could fill a book on messed up crap living in that environment until 12

Well they can certainly help him now. I’m not saying they will, but it’s in their gift to do so, and at very little (if any) loss to themselves
Alright. So Spurs should save our illustrious billionaire owner from shelling out the £10m payment because they owe it to someone who they paid tens of millions of pounds to when he was in their employment before allowing him to leave for no up front fee. Let's hope Chairman Bill can sell them the idea.

Interesting interview, hopefully allays concerns of potential suitors but also seems to mean that Dyche is giving him a fresh start.
Let’s hope he performs really well and either has impressed enough to be bought by someone or we want to pay the £10m to Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back