2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be honest, if he can’t force his way into the starting line up when his competition is Gray, Gordon and McNeil, he’s done. Those holding on for the greatest comeback since Lazarus, can forget it, the miracle ain’t going to happen. Get ruthless Everton, we don’t owe players a living who do nothing to justify it, we’re not a charity.
Agreed. He had 6mths to turn it around and though he's obviously talented, he seems too much of a luxury player now and we need players busting a gut to compete. definitely not worth the money we'd have to pay for the role he's playing in the squad

I thought it for a long time and nothing has changed my opinion. Hes hasn't lost it. This is what he has. An average player who had a great 18 months a very long time ago

Came to us very suddenly, is leaving very suddenly.

He has played a total of 370 minutes for us. That's like 4 games with some injury time.
Like, i am struggling to think of other players we've had that have played so little. I can name players with less minutes for us, but around 4-5 games?

Won't miss him, easy come easy go, good luck. Also won't really mind if he stays - but at this point we probably won't be happy to see him on the pitch.

You can see in Dele's eyes he agrees 100% and knows he's blown it.
The acceptance of everything Jose said and not even a whimper of a comeback speaks volumes.
Some players have the talent but not the competitive spirit to be the best. Dele has shown he has the talent but obviously doesn't have the motivation to work hard enough to be the very best he can be.
He'll retire in his early 30s as a multi millionaire regardless of whether he puts the effort in or not and I think it's very hard to look back on your life and regret what you've done when you've earnt that kind of money.

If he doesn't want to be at Everton and put the hard work in then I'd love to see him moved on. Get him off the wage bill and potentially bring in some transfer funds.

Came to us very suddenly, is leaving very suddenly.

He has played a total of 370 minutes for us. That's like 4 games with some injury time.
Like, i am struggling to think of other players we've had that have played so little. I can name players with less minutes for us, but around 4-5 games?

Won't miss him, easy come easy go, good luck. Also won't really mind if he stays - but at this point we probably won't be happy to see him on the pitch.
It was throwback to the last days of Walter.

Second half vs Palace was this generation's Ginola hitting the post against Arsenal, but without a minute's silence for the Queen Mother being interrupted by somebody shouting 'God save Ginola!'

Let’s be honest, if he can’t force his way into the starting line up when his competition is Gray, Gordon and McNeil, he’s done. Those holding on for the greatest comeback since Lazarus, can forget it, the miracle ain’t going to happen. Get ruthless Everton, we don’t owe players a living who do nothing to justify it, we’re not a charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.