2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true but in the old days players had nowhere the level of attention on them that they do nowadays. Play badly back in the day and you’d get an earful from a few fans in stands and maybe a journalist would point our you poor display in a column in a newspaper the next day.

Play badly nowadays and you get thousands of people on social media talking wham about you and countless articles questioning your mentality etc.

Forgetting the money aspect I’d much rather have played football pre social media or even per internet. I’m amazed the overwhelming majority of today’s players can bite their lips so well, if some scrote fan started giving me [Poor language removed] on social media I’d go out my way to clown on them.
I just don't want players taking advantage of this and then being exempt from scrutiny, but I do understand were you are coming from.

It was throwback to the last days of Walter.

Second half vs Palace was this generation's Ginola hitting the post against Arsenal, but without a minute's silence for the Queen Mother being interrupted by somebody shouting 'God save Ginola!'
You are so right mate about those days of Walter.
The likes of Ginola , Gascoigne and Blomqvist et al promenading , before Moyes sorted it.
Sad about Dele though , I thought that he would have done well here

Hopefully I’m not speaking flippantly about someone with mental health issues, but here goes.

He doesn’t fancy it. Hate to be an old bore, but he’s almost certainly someone who’s got numerous Rolls Royces, a big house and plenty of change left in the bank and thought ‘I’m done’. Mourinho saw right through him and I think Lampard has too.

There’s definitely a player in there somewhere, but I see his career going the same way as Ravel Morrison’s. He’ll retire by 30. Thanks for the good cameo against Palace.
We've got a few like that. Yerremiah comes quickly to mind...

At least we can say he achieved a semi while at the club, something to build on when all those Cougars visiting Turkey for new teeth and a cheap facelift

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-001852_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220817-001852_OneDrive.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 296
To me, the situation with Dele seems the same as Walcott. They both have (had) major football skills, but it just turned into a job and they rather do something else. The passion is gone, if it was ever there.
I don't think that it's the same kind of situation. Dele was a level a lot higher than Walcott early in their careers and seemed to decline. Walcott showed great pace and for that reason was hyped up as a young player but never really became much more than a good Premier league player. I think Walcott did OK for us and always worked hard dele hasn't really done anything since joining which is a real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.