2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well not every deal is made up entirely of ambiguous future clauses is it. We usually at least have some figures to work with. This has been completely shrouded in mystery from the start, with all of us basically just guessing at figures. The only thing we knew for certain was that a payment would be triggered after 20 games, that’s it.

The fact he’s still here and we appear to be basically being forced to keep him on is very strange to me. I’m not comfortable with this while it is still so cloak and dagger, I think we’ve been properly done over by Levy.
I don't think it was too ambiguous. It was widely reported a free transfer with £10M after 20 appearances and further payments that could potentially take the price higher. Nothing massively unusual there.

There's nothing to suggest, other than Everton aren't we pessimism, that the club is being 'forced' to keep him on. Maybe there's nothing more to it than it's felt he's worth a punt if a better deal can be renegotiated with Spurs.

It's no more cloak and dagger than other transfers.

At his peak he was verging on world class.

He’s potentially not that player any more, none of us really know.

Could he regain a modicum of form? I think he can, will be bang in 18 premier league goals in a season from attacking midfield in this side? Very very unlikely however he could still add moments which either assist us or win us games.

If big Sean Dyche is fine with it, and the player is fit, a reasonable contract isn’t completely out of the realms of possibility.

Everything I’ve seen and heard of Dyche means this doesn’t happen if he’s not ready to contribute and Dyche thinks he’ll give everything. Talented players who didn’t work hard enough like Gray and Danjuma didn’t get game time when he had a first team to work with so why would he waste resources on Dele if he wasn’t up for a fight?

Because I think that, I’m quite excited about this tbh because before his troubles he was one of my favourite non Everton players to watch

Nobody knows what sort of shape Dele is in, physically and mentally, apart from staff at the club. If they feel it is worth signing him I assume they have sound reasoning for that. Hope it turns out well for him and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.