Dermot Gallagher Ref Watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always said VAR would just make the game worst, all that was ever needed and i still stick to it was Goal Line cameras, I am not into this thing either were you hear people saying ex players would make good Refs just because they have played the game, it wont for me, that Bruno one a few years ago were they got a pen at villa when it should have been a free kick to villa had the likes of Robbie savage say it was still a pen despite seeing it on screen which was truly mental
With you all the way @Ring master, especially after witnessing it at the WC those few years ago. As soon as that egotistical blert Howard Webb endorsed it there was only going to be one true winner. The referees. Tinker with the laws and have the smokescreen of games being manipulated by some faceless clown without redress miles away meant the 'beautiful game' was gone forever.
Without being too exact on the year, but I think it was 2008 when Kevin Keegan prophesised that soon the officials would determine the outcome of matches and the game would be played by 'robots' and would be destroyed.
VAR gave the referees just that power.

We should collectively cancel our Sky/BT memberships for the way the media bias is going.
Already done it. When they phoned to offer me an incredible new deal, I politely refused and informed them I have never had any intention of ever buying a season ticket for the rs, and this all SLY is these days.

You know what happens when you send your steak back. We have to be smart against palace, don’t go giving the ref excuses to punish us, because they’ll try to bury us
Divide and conquer, that is their strategy. Punish a big (once) club like Everton, make an example of us and fine us. Hey presto, nobody else will then dare criticise the corrupt overlords who have slowly destroyed the game.

Still don’t think they will.

They’re lapping this up, it’s a prized scalp. But equally Everton at home to the “big 6” is usually an entertaining affair.

Burnley Vs. Chelsea or Everton Vs. Chelsea.
Like yourself, I do not believe they really want us to sink as we are still, despite playing like broom handles, an attractive source of revenue with a large fan base. They really want us to hurt rather than be eliminated and I think they prefer Spuds to the Gooners, so I expect some leniency at the Phlegmerates.
Saying that, we owe CP big style and, no offence @Alan Whittle, we are going for you tomorrow.

Always remember the incident that cost us in the cup at Millwall a couple of years back, no VAR but it was played in error on their big screen,the whole ground including the officials could see it, the Millwall boss screaming at them to take it off the screen, goal still given lol lol lol
There was a few dodgy calls against Hull this season too. Rondon getting rugby tackled to the floor when in on goal s one I remember.

Far better system! Fans also get to hear them explaining infringements etc to the players
The FA, FIFA, UEFA etc are too full of their own importance to take guidance from another sporting body though
Organisations controlling (ruining, not running) the sport fall into the same category; ie
They have something to hide, or they have nothing to offer. Two different slants, but with the same result.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a match of our's last season where VAR jumped in uninvited and tried to call a handball on us 2 plays back after we scored a goal?

VAR is totally useless!

And they need to show the match timer in the stadium, none of this "Fergie time" like crap anymore!
The officials that operate it are totally corrupt...

Fair dues, we did the same with BT but Sky can F off now too. Would rather watch a low quality stream on IPTV then line United/LFC tv pockets.
I have HD and FHD...the only reason your stream is low-quality is because your Internet speed is too slow.

Increase your speed and low quality becomes FHD.

Good luck!

Outrageous corruption going on, Everton have the book thrown at them whilst in the same game leniency given to the opposition, I would be delighted if Burnley leeds and Everton refuse to play the rest of the season as a stand against corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.