Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

That's a crippling read Flip. You are very strong mate but the bigger picture though is you; do you sleep well? Have you hurt? Have you upset? Have you justified your exile? I don't know and there are questions you need to answer to yourself. I suspect that you are hurt beyond what you could do to others. Tomorrow though is a new day to be created, if yesterday didn't work try something new, rise up with a hello and don't react to the response other than they know you offer nothing but good grace
Thank you so much for that- sorry for the delayed response, I was at a "boot camp" last week, which was very timely. Helped me get out of the negative thoughts (as I didn't have any space for them I was so exhausted). Saw parents last weekend, told them that I'm done with my brother now, it's the definition of insanity, isn't it, to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Clearly my brother is so far gone to a place I don't want to be, and a person I don't want to know, that it's time to call it a day.

it took him a week to respond and, when he did, it was such a curt, business-like email, it was the final nail in the coffin. Done, and done.

Thank you so much for that- sorry for the delayed response, I was at a "boot camp" last week, which was very timely. Helped me get out of the negative thoughts (as I didn't have any space for them I was so exhausted). Saw parents last weekend, told them that I'm done with my brother now, it's the definition of insanity, isn't it, to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Clearly my brother is so far gone to a place I don't want to be, and a person I don't want to know, that it's time to call it a day.

it took him a week to respond and, when he did, it was such a curt, business-like email, it was the final nail in the coffin. Done, and done.
No problem, really felt for you. Also really pleased that you have had time out and found a focus for your strength. Good luck and stay true to yourself, keep your boundaries and live YOUR life.

Been to see a councillor today, she nearly cheered when I told her I had come off Facebook. One of the highest issues in depression.
Im in my late 50s and it was a nightmare for me, so God knows what it can do to the younger generation.

Best thing you could have done mate, I've always thought facebook was toxic.

Felt shocking since the Sevilla game - teeth broke last week - made me lose confidence - missed a day at work - feel I've let everyone down. Can't shake the low mood.

Best thing you could have done mate, I've always thought facebook was toxic.
It certainly is. I got some online abuse last year so just stopped, best thing I ever did. It wasnt related to my current issue but I can see why it takes people over the edge.
Away from f/b, anybody with any issues - Its good to talk. I told my councillor about this thread, she told me to keep on it and encourage people to come forward if they have any issues. Just going through a split from my partner of only two years, but its heartbreaking, even at my age. Thought the world of her.

It certainly is. I got some online abuse last year so just stopped, best thing I ever did. It wasnt related to my current issue but I can see why it takes people over the edge.
Away from f/b, anybody with any issues - Its good to talk. I told my councillor about this thread, she told me to keep on it and encourage people to come forward if they have any issues. Just going through a split from my partner of only two years, but its heartbreaking, even at my age. Thought the world of her.

Some absolutely fantastic lads on this thread, lots of really heartfelt advice from those who have been through issues themselves.

Not easy splitting from someone you have had strong feelings for, you just have to try and keep yourself busy, speak to family/friends about how you feel, it will take time, but you will get there.

With you all the way here mate.

Some absolutely fantastic lads on this thread, lots of really heartfelt advice from those who have been through issues themselves.

Not easy splitting from someone you have had strong feelings for, you just have to try and keep yourself busy, speak to family/friends about how you feel, it will take time, but you will get there.

You're all top people helping everyone out like this. Well done yet again, all.

Cheers mate. Had a bad marriage split ten or so years ago, took me a long time to recover from that. Met this lovely lady,10 years younger than myself and got on so well. We had two and bit fantastic years, a small family issue and it all went tits up. I didnt work hard enough to get her back into my life.

Cheers mate. Had a bad marriage split ten or so years ago, took me a long time to recover from that. Met this lovely lady,10 years younger than myself and got on so well. We had two and bit fantastic years, a small family issue and it all went tits up. I didnt work hard enough to get her back into my life.

Think the first step is not to blame yourself mate.

I know it sounds corny but the right person is out there, and you will meet her.

Think the first step is not to blame yourself mate.

I know it sounds corny but the right person is out there, and you will meet her.
Its my fault and I take the blame simply as I said, I didnt work hard enough to get her back. She is honest with me and told me she was really hurting when we split, but , it was all about me and not her. Its a two way thing but to me was one way.

Was the split recent mate, is it too late too try and work things out?
Last march. She has met someone else now so doubt it. I did ask her today before she gets too deep into the relationship but I hurt her too much as I said at the beginning,could fixed it but didnt. I am seeing a councilor because I dont want to return to dark days of a few years ago, not nice. Think its a positive outlook.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back