Distin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distin made some real bad mistakes tonight, that touch when we had a throw in from of the Palace fans from him, which resulted in Palace having a free kick on goal about 10 seconds later, after a quick break was shocking, not to mention the all around farce on the third

If one of the two cbs are making way for Jags then its got to be Distin, he's been good but Stones has been a level above him.

Whether he plays good or bad, Distin is always in twitter after a game. Indeed he seems to reply more when we have lost which takes some guts.

Also can add him to the list of players that @bluejock has shocked in one way or another
2a9uqvd.png

lol

in reply to some1 sayin he should leg it n hes not good enough

Distin has a problem with Everton fans. He was hushing the Gwladys Street when they hit the post, it could have been 2-0 and game over!

I remember him arguing with fans at Palace away too, add to that the arguments over Twitter and the stupid comments he made that we'd rather miss out on Champions League providing Liverpool don't win the league. He gets on my nerves.

What happened for the third goal was a shocker. Initially he misread the ball and completely missed his header, then Howard never came, no problem though, Distin under no pressure at all decided to fall over and put the ball out of play for a CPFC throw in, he then gives it to Osman who gives it away then about 5 seconds later they score.

our defence looking shaky tonight just showed how much we missed mcarthy he covers when our full backs are out of position and picks up the loose ball.

Totally agree. I was saying in the McCarthy thread that without him we seemed vulnerable to the counter last night.

For as good as Barkley can be, I don't think he's ready to play deep in CM just yet. When it comes to tracking back and defensive positional sense, I just don't think he's got it just yet and the lad likes to get forward and involved and a lot of times last night it left Barry deep on his own and covering and playing many roles on his Todd which left us wide open for the counter, which on the night Palace took full advantage.

As for Distin, he's had one of his best, mistake free seasons for along time and what a time in the season to have a sh!t game! All players have em but he'll move on and get over it.

Think due to Stones's form, Distin could struggle to get regular games next season as Stones generally played well last night I thought.

What happened for the third goal was a shocker. Initially he misread the ball and completely missed his header, then Howard never came, no problem though, Distin under no pressure at all decided to fall over and put the ball out of play for a CPFC throw in, he then gives it to Osman who gives it away then about 5 seconds later they score.

Thing that bugged me after the throwing was that no one got close or put a foot in on Puncheon on the edge of our box or attempted to and allowed him to pick out Jerome.

But it was just one of those nights cos usually Jerome couldn't hit a barn door yet he seemed on fire last night, hitting post and then tucking his goal away nicely into bottom corner.

Totally agree. I was saying in the McCarthy thread that without him we seemed vulnerable to the counter last night.

For as good as Barkley can be, I don't think he's ready to play deep in CM just yet. When it comes to tracking back and defensive positional sense, I just don't think he's got it just yet and the lad likes to get forward and involved and a lot of times last night it left Barry deep on his own and covering and playing many roles on his Todd which left us wide open for the counter, which on the night Palace took full advantage.

As for Distin, he's had one of his best, mistake free seasons for along time and what a time in the season to have a sh!t game! All players have em but he'll move on and get over it.

Think due to Stones's form, Distin could struggle to get regular games next season as Stones generally played well last night I thought.

Shame we cannot Morph them. Stones ball skills and Distins defending. They both have something that the other lacks. At least we know Stones will only improve defensively and will be one hell of a player in a year or two....that is unless the media sell him to Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd.

Thing that bugged me after the throwing was that no one got close or put a foot in on Puncheon on the edge of our box or attempted to and allowed him to pick out Jerome.

But it was just one of those nights cos usually Jerome couldn't hit a barn door yet he seemed on fire last night, hitting post and then tucking his goal away nicely into bottom corner.
When you are given time and space to do what you like then anyone can look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back