• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Diving and Rights and Wrongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfDixie

Player Valuation: £70m
Should Arsenal fans criticise and boo that Chamaq character for diving for Arsenal? Or is it part and parcel of the game, and try to remember your history when commenting.

Should Arsenal fans criticise and boo that Chamaq character for diving for Arsenal? Or is it part and parcel of the game, and try to remember your history when commenting.
Everyone should criticise any player who dives even if they're on your own team. Hell, especially if they're in your team
Having said that, I was fcuking windmilling when Limpar got that peno

The NHL (National Hockey League) used to publish a list of players caught diving, whether they were caught during the game or after. That plus a 3 match ban would eliminate a lot of it.

It just doesn't seem like a priority for the powers that be, though.

Its always a little embarassing when the Yak throws himself to the ground, when you see him bouncing liverpool players into next week it makes you wonder why he needs to.

Its the rolling around and feigning injury that gets my goat.

Agree with the bans, even considering some of our players yesterday were doing it. Its wrong and nothing worse than cheating.

Unless your Gerrard of course. Was trying to point out to a few [Poor language removed] fans on my facebook yesterday that Beckford going down in the box is no different to Gerrard doing it against Sheffield United a few seasons ago if we are applying the "intent to foul him" law that everyone stuck up for GBH with that time, completely ignoring the fact that he threw himself on the floor pretending he had been touched blah blah blah

Cant stand diving.

Never got the hatred for divers. Don't like to see our team to do it, of course.

But why people view it as so much worse than any other deliberate foul puzzles me,

Well a dive in the box is about cheating to get a goal. Deliberate foul is not cheating, it's just a foul, and is usually duly punished. A Dive isn't.

Well a dive in the box is about cheating to get a goal. Deliberate foul is not cheating, it's just a foul, and is usually duly punished. A Dive isn't.

Hacking down a player you can't tackle fairly, diving to get a free kick you haven't earned, handling a ball if you can't reach it with your foot, claiming a thrown in when it hit you, they're all much of a muchness to me. If the players were truly honest we wouldn't need a ref because they'd police themselves and we all know that'll never happen.

I would rather see one of our players make a bad challenge than dive just because the latter can't be an accident but I don't get the hatred of diving over other fowls. Dives are punished pretty often these days anyway.

Now waving cards at the Ref, that I really dislike.

Hacking down a player you can't tackle fairly, diving to get a free kick you haven't earned, handling a ball if you can't reach it with your foot, claiming a thrown in when it hit you, they're all much of a muchness to me. If the players were truly honest we wouldn't need a ref because they'd police themselves and we all know that'll never happen.

I would rather see one of our players make a bad challenge than dive just because the latter can't be an accident but I don't get the hatred of diving over other fowls. Dives are punished pretty often these days anyway.

Now waving cards at the Ref, that I really dislike.

Because if someone is fouling someone they are not pretending to do something else. A deliberate foul or handball is what they intended. When someone dives they are pretending that they got fouled. It's deceitful.

Because if someone is fouling someone they are not pretending to do something else. A deliberate foul or handball is what they intended. When someone dives they are pretending that they got fouled. It's deceitful.

How many times when a free kick is called against them do you see a player going 'yeah thats a fair cop' rather than complaining, though? Not often. They pretend they didn't do what they just did.

How many times when a free kick is called against them do you see a player going 'yeah thats a fair cop' rather than complaining, though? Not often. They pretend they didn't do what they just did.

Ok well I don't agree with you, but its beside the point. Diving is all about getting one over on your opposing professional and getting them sent off.

Ok well I don't agree with you, but its beside the point. Diving is all about getting one over on your opposing professional and getting them sent off.

It's not. It's about unfairly getting an advantage that you can't get within the rules. Punching the ball into the net is the same. As is hacking down the winger who's skinned half the team and is odds on to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back