Do they play cricket in Cuba

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
Does any one know, who can we ask, any ideas?

When you think that some many other places in the West Indes play the game, why did it never take off in Cuba?

the old cricket pitches in cuba were cordoned off to be russian missile silo's, although that didnt happen, no one fancied a game on a prime us target :lol:

Don't necessarily believe what the Western world have told you about Cuba. Its a proud nation and the boss has done a very good job here.

No cricket around here unfortunately, baseball is huge - the national sport so chance for any other type of bat. Its always popular with the embassy staff, and the missus is off to Havana today to the British Embassy so I will tell her to see if it has been about at any time.

In fairness I've seen some cigars that would make good cricket bats here.

Don't necessarily believe what the Western world have told you about Cuba. Its a proud nation and the boss has done a very good job here.

No cricket around here unfortunately, baseball is huge - the national sport so chance for any other type of bat. Its always popular with the embassy staff, and the missus is off to Havana today to the British Embassy so I will tell her to see if it has been about at any time.

In fairness I've seen some cigars that would make good cricket bats here.

Chico, you are out there as a missionary, no your position(y) and start educating them. The bulk od the West Indes is gripped by cricket fever while communist Cuba plays capitalist USA's game of base ball, strange.

PS I told you how good a job Snr Castro had done before you went there, there again with base ball he has done that well:lol: :lol: (Stand by for US reprisals):lol: :lol: :lol:

at least Rob Japan would agree.

Before the revolution was the regime of Batista and a government,although marketed as independent Cuban, was controlled by the U.S. In fact the U.S could veto any proposal put through. But with it only being such a short distance, and with plenty of American prior to the revolution then it is baseball that is prevailed. They're pretty good at it too, so I've heard.

at least Rob Japan would agree.

Before the revolution was the regime of Batista and a government,although marketed as independent Cuban, was controlled by the U.S. In fact the U.S could veto any proposal put through. But with it only being such a short distance, and with plenty of American prior to the revolution then it is baseball that is prevailed. They're pretty good at it too, so I've heard.

Ever see the Godfather trilogy, that attempted to show how corrupt Batista was:mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back